Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My dog's making me do it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-dogs-making-me-do-t55025.html)

quiltinghere 07-18-2010 05:10 AM

Don't know if this is the right place for this post.

My loveable old dog woke me up at 5AM to go out! :x

In order to keep quiet in the house,
I've had to close myself in a room with him ...

and a sewing machine ...

I have been mass producing Crumb Blocks for the past 2 hours. :thumbup:

Is it nap time yet?

;-) :thumbup:

erstan947 07-18-2010 05:13 AM

I wish I would have stayed up after I took my dog out at 5 am. Instead I went back to bed and fliped and flopped til 7 now there is no time to sew til afternoon today.

sueisallaboutquilts 07-18-2010 05:15 AM

Send that doggy to my house !! :D:D
What a cute story :)

cjomomma 07-18-2010 05:24 AM

I've been up sense 6:30 cutting blocks, now it's 8:30 and my arm hurts. Think I will go take a shower before littleman wakes up.

mlaceruby 07-18-2010 05:27 AM

Know the feeling!
We have black labs 2 of them are 7 months old (wekept these two from the liter we had at christmas)
they do not go back to bed!
So I am up every morning at 4:30 or 5AM
I get my best sewing done then!
the house is quiet and it is cooler!

CarrieAnne 07-18-2010 05:49 AM

Good for you guys, getting lots done! My lazy dogs let me sleep in!

grann of 6 07-18-2010 05:52 AM

I have 2 dogs I rescued. One is a Great Dane and the other is a Rottie mix. It took me a couple years to get the rottie to sleep past 5. I was told that was because the kennel attendants always showed up at 5 to take care of the dogs. Now if I lay real still till 6 or 6:30 he won't bother me. The dane sleeps with me, and she is a lazy one; a bed hog too. They won't go downstairs to my sewing studio, so I get peace and quiet down there, till they get lonesome and start barking for me to come up with them.

amma 07-18-2010 05:53 AM

LOL puppy knows how to get you to quilt, and he gets some one on one time with you too :D:D:D

martha jo 07-18-2010 06:03 AM

I have a pair of shepherd, lab mix five month old puppies. They are giving me a real workout. Loveable dogs though. How big will they be? They are growing so fast. Amazing what they did to my hooked rug.

mlaceruby 07-18-2010 06:14 AM

Big is right,
our pups are a big as their daddy now (7months) and labs don't stop growing til they are almost 2 years.
our momma is 125+ lbs but she's not fat she's just a big girl!
They were up most of the night barking at some vacationers(we have cabin rentals near us) setting off firecrackers and sparklers. But woke up to all the birdfeeders being raided and on the ground. So I guess we had a bear or raccoon outside last night!
Will need to start taking a flashlight when I go out at 4:30!