Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Guide Dog Meadow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-guide-dog-meadow-t202083.html)

SEGASAL 10-02-2012 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 (Post 5556973)
What a beautiful dog. Such a sweetheart!!! What is the difference between a yellow lab and an english yellow lab?

He is of smaller stature than an American Lab

starshine 10-02-2012 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by alwayslearning (Post 5556094)
He looks so darn sweet!

Ditto-enjoy his company

COYOTEMAGIC 10-02-2012 12:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Beautiful Pup!!! After a while you wonder how you ever got along without him. A Service Dog becomes part of who the handler is. When I lost my first "partner" I thought I was going to die.

My first partner---Spook

[ATTACH=CONFIG]367173[/ATTACH]

My current partner--Katiebug

[ATTACH=CONFIG]367176[/ATTACH]

May you and Meadow have many wonderful years together.

Greenheron 10-02-2012 01:22 PM

What a beautiful head Meadow has.............

wanda lou 10-02-2012 02:21 PM

He is beautiful, I am so happy for you.

SEGASAL 10-02-2012 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC (Post 5557362)
Beautiful Pup!!! After a while you wonder how you ever got along without him. A Service Dog becomes part of who the handler is. When I lost my first "partner" I thought I was going to die.

My first partner---Spook

[ATTACH=CONFIG]367173[/ATTACH]

My current partner--Katiebug

[ATTACH=CONFIG]367176[/ATTACH]

May you and Meadow have many wonderful years together.

Yours is so cute as well... I can feel him become part of me already. It only has been 2 days and he has my heart totally and I trust him as well.

gennie1950 10-03-2012 02:58 AM

This picture brought tears to my eyes. We lost our RALPH the end of March. He looked just like your puppy. He lived to be 7yrs old. What a joy and such a gentle ben, he was the love of our life. I hope MEADOW brings as much love as our RALPH did for my husband and myself.

Caswews 10-03-2012 04:37 AM

what a sweet picture ..Meadow will be your best friend, enjoy and remember Meadow is there for your protection !

Retired Fire Chief 10-03-2012 04:44 AM

She is beautiful. I have an English that looks just like her, an 8 month old male we have named Oliver we are raising for Leader Dog for the Blind out of Rochester, Michigan. He is the fourth we have raised and once again, he is one of the loves of my life. Many people say they couldn't do what we do because they could not give them up. And raising them for a year and then giving them back is one of the very hardest things to do, but seeing a guide dog working, giving someone confidence and independence makes it all worthwhile. It is very rewarding to see a new owner love our puppy just as much as we did. Best wishes to you and Miss Meadow, may you have a long, blessed relationship.

alwayslearning 10-03-2012 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief (Post 5558860)
She is beautiful. I have an English that looks just like her, an 8 month old male we have named Oliver we are raising for Leader Dog for the Blind out of Rochester, Michigan. He is the fourth we have raised and once again, he is one of the loves of my life. Many people say they couldn't do what we do because they could not give them up. And raising them for a year and then giving them back is one of the very hardest things to do, but seeing a guide dog working, giving someone confidence and independence makes it all worthwhile. It is very rewarding to see a new owner love our puppy just as much as we did. Best wishes to you and Miss Meadow, may you have a long, blessed relationship.

What a blessing that there are people like you to train these wonderful dogs!