Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My IPad died (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-ipad-died-t253022.html)

oneteappot 09-04-2014 06:00 AM

My IPad died

It was fine when I turned it off but when I went to use it yesterday, it was just a black screen,as in it wont turn on.Any suggestions on retrieving the contents. Any really free retrieval software out there? The one I tried was free to retrieve it but to save it to computer was almost $70. and it didnt save/retrieve my PDFs.
Suggestions please!

willferg 09-04-2014 07:55 AM

Do you have a computer with which to sync your ipad? I sync mine through Itunes (which can be downloaded free, I believe). It would be interesting to see if your computer can read the ipad that way. I have never heard to special software to retrieve info from a secondary drive and would be very hesitant to go that route. Maybe swing by an Apple store to see if they can help?

Tartan 09-04-2014 08:08 AM

​Odd coincidence! Mine showed a black screen yesterday but I assumed my husband had inadvertently shut it down instead of off. I plugged it in as if to recharge and it was good to go.

calla 09-04-2014 08:11 AM

Hum strange, my iPad booted me off sites several times yesterday. Weather?

CanoePam 09-04-2014 10:24 AM

Make sure it is fully powered and then do a reset on it. Mine has occasionally gone out to lunch, and a reset does it. You can look up how to do a reset for your specific model on-line.

Pam

renee765 09-04-2014 12:40 PM

This is very weird. My year-old chromebook went completely black this morning and I couldn't get it to respond to anything! After a while, I tried holding the power key for 10 seconds and it came back up. This has never happened to me before. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I might think...................

Sewnoma 09-04-2014 12:48 PM

My iPad mini did this not too long ago. I figured out that if I held down both the power button and the main front button, it did a hard reset and it came back to life. Not sure if it's the same for full-size iPads, but as CanoePam suggests, I'd look online and see and give that a shot. Can't hurt!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Nothing is worse than when a precious bit of technology becomes a paperweight. :(

oneteappot 09-04-2014 01:51 PM

Thanks my friends! I can't believe I tried resetting it yesterday and it didn't work. Thought I would try it again today before I was going to go to the Apple Store. And, WOW! It worked! I am back up and running! Weird things are a happening! LOL!

luce321 09-04-2014 02:06 PM

My I-Pad is acting up this last week. The icons come up and I select one of them. When I attempt to use my finger to select something on that page, it does not work. I am planning to bring it to the Apple store this weekend. My children gave it to me for Christmas last December.

cindi 09-04-2014 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by oneteappot (Post 6874497)
Thanks my friends! I can't believe I tried resetting it yesterday and it didn't work. Thought I would try it again today before I was going to go to the Apple Store. And, WOW! It worked! I am back up and running! Weird things are a happening! LOL!

YAY! Be sure to back it up!!