Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Kentucky Trip-Some great Barn Quilts! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-kentucky-trip-some-great-barn-quilts-t200721.html)

irenecarter 09-18-2012 09:06 AM

Tthanks for visiting Ky. I wish you would have visited Bardstown "the best small town in America". have several barn quilt blocks here also, along with a quilting guild that I'm are so proud to be a member. We have a quilt show here during the county fair.

Momo 09-18-2012 11:54 AM

I'm heading to KY next week. Hope I see some nice things like this. Glad you shared all with us.

AuntieD 09-18-2012 05:50 PM

Lovely photos!! Thank you for sharing.

Grammie Sharon 09-18-2012 06:10 PM

thanks for sharing your barn quilt photos. My hubby and I did a couple trails in Ohio and one in Michigan. It's lots of fun. Where is the place you stayed at. It looks like it was nice.

KyKaren1949 09-18-2012 10:48 PM

I live in Kentucky! Thank you for showcasing out state. We have really gone crazy with the barn quilts with barn quilt trails throughout our gorgeous state.
Another fact about Kentucky you may not know is that it's the only state where barns are painted black due to them being used to dry tobacco. (I read that somewhere)
I would love to know where the B & B is located. My husband and I love to travel and stay in them when we can.

Momo 09-19-2012 05:16 AM

KyKaren,
Are there any quilt shops near Columbia, KY? I would love to visit some while up that way. My stay will be a short one for my daughters wedding, but maybe a little shopping time...

jillnjo 09-19-2012 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Grammie Sharon (Post 5524775)
thanks for sharing your barn quilt photos. My hubby and I did a couple trails in Ohio and one in Michigan. It's lots of fun. Where is the place you stayed at. It looks like it was nice.

We stayed at Snug Hollow Farm, Irvine KY, it is gorgeous.

jillnjo 09-19-2012 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 (Post 5525053)
I live in Kentucky! Thank you for showcasing out state. We have really gone crazy with the barn quilts with barn quilt trails throughout our gorgeous state.
Another fact about Kentucky you may not know is that it's the only state where barns are painted black due to them being used to dry tobacco. (I read that somewhere)
I would love to know where the B & B is located. My husband and I love to travel and stay in them when we can.

Google Snug Hollow Farm! That's what I did. We had a great time there and met some great people who were visiting also.
I did notice how the barns are only painted black, rather than red, and now I know why!

Geri B 09-19-2012 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5521565)
Love the photos. I don't have a barn but I hope to hang one someday on our big wooden shed.

I don't have a barn either (wish I did!!), but I painted onto a piece of tin 16x16 a flying dutchman block and it is mounted proudly on the side of my ranch-style house........painted it with acrylic paint and then sprayed with sealer...been there for 3 winters and still looks like new.....that's good for northern Illinois....

callen 09-19-2012 08:54 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your adventure. The barn quilts are great & love that bed & breakfast. Sounds like a wonderful trip.