Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Momma told me that I would one day have kids like me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-momma-told-me-i-would-one-day-have-kids-like-me-t104843.html)

Diana Lynne 03-04-2011 04:16 AM

and oh boy was she ever right :lol: ..When I was growing up, when it came time for my Momma to start teaching me to sew or cook, you could hear me running down the road yelling "later, I got to go take care of my horses" and so the lessons never happened..My poor Momma..Now that the quilting bug has bitten me, I have asked both my daughters if they want to learn..OH no, one runs to her room, and I can hear her electric guitar start up and the other gives me this look of horror :-D

CarrieAnne 03-04-2011 04:20 AM

Same here! ExceptMY Mom would go shopping! Andmy kids just say, No Thanks, lol!
At least I taught my Grandma!

cjomomma 03-04-2011 04:31 AM

I wish I had kids that were like me when I was growing up. I did as I was told. My Mom said I was the easiest child to raise. My kids ughhhh!! They are like my brother, sister and father stubborn as all get out. They are in your face all day long kind of kids and that drives me crazy.

tdgiffin 03-04-2011 04:47 AM

They will probably come around later! lol

beckyw 03-04-2011 04:55 AM

I told that to my daughter and her two daughters are just like her when she was 11 and 12.

quiltingfan 03-04-2011 05:07 AM

I can't wait for that to happen with one of my daughters. OK I can wait for the grand kid part she is only 17.( going on 5) she had a friend cut her hair the other day. Yes you heard me right, she cut her hair off... looked horrible, I had to take her down and have the hairstylist try to fix it. Now she complains that it is too short. Cant wait for her child to do the same thing to her... At least it was not a tattoo. Not that I have anything against tattoos but her hair will grow out but a tattoo she can't undo if she does not like it.

clem55 03-04-2011 05:14 AM

"Just you wait" and "someday" , I think my kids all heard those at least once a day.

sew_sew 03-04-2011 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I wish I had kids that were like me when I was growing up. I did as I was told. My Mom said I was the easiest child to raise. My kids ughhhh!! They are like my brother, sister and father stubborn as all get out. They are in your face all day long kind of kids and that drives me crazy.

I wish I had kids like me, too, and mine are grown....grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Kas 03-04-2011 11:09 AM

My grandmother told my mom and aunts that she hoped they had half a dozen just like them. My mom had half a half a dozen! I have four, and unfortunately, they ARE just like me! But I love them anyway.

pdcakm 03-04-2011 11:14 AM

my mother never did verbalize that threat but i think she put the hex on me. it happened, he is too often just like me. probably the worst fights with my child were caused when he did something "just like" me. at least when he was just like his father i had someone to blame.