Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My new addition (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-new-addition-t48803.html)

Pam 06-08-2010 12:20 PM

My chihuahua had a hard time adjusting to the new babies, too. I think they do not know where they came from if they were born by c section. Lord knows you don't want to be caught with some other dog's baby in your bed!

Gramma B 06-08-2010 12:23 PM

Ohhhhhh! THey are so precious.

pennijanine 06-08-2010 12:24 PM

Bulldogs are also artificially inseminated so they are probably confused all the way around. Get bred with help and 60 days later wake up with puppies!! No wonder they are confused! Very high maintenance dogs also. But I love them no matter.

crawford1219 06-08-2010 12:29 PM

OMG! I want one :) I love bulldogs-we have a girl who is 2 but we cannot breed her because when we went to have her 2 year check-up to see if we could breed her when she went in heat they said she has severe hip dysplasia :( The breeder said she would give us a replacement pup-we sent her the medical records but she still acted like we were somehow at fault so I decided I really didn't want another pup from her-if a dog has dysplasia before the age of 2 there was some bad breeding habits happening that I wanted nothing more to do with. It broke our hearts-not so much because we couldn't breed her but because our baby will always be in some sort of pain just because someone wanted to make a quick buck and didn't invest the money they should have into their breeding program.

CarrieAnne 06-08-2010 01:01 PM

Oh, they are SO darn cute! I love my bulldogs personality so much, but she still chews everything in sight!
I had to fix mine too, because she had chronic bladder infections when she was a pup...

pennijanine 06-08-2010 01:03 PM

I have never had problems with mine, other than itchy skin. They get medicated baths and are good to go. I do go through a lot of baby butt wipes on their faces and wrinkles. lol

pennijanine 06-08-2010 04:40 PM

Josie (mama dog) is doing so much better with the pups today! I am able to leave them in with her for longer stretches of time. Yay!!

Pam 06-09-2010 07:54 AM

Keep us posted, eye open pics, walking pics, snoring pics, when you mail me a brindle pic.

finch 06-10-2010 06:47 AM

Maybe mom realizes that she now has competition,but she is so adorable herself!!!

karendenice 06-10-2010 07:52 AM

I found a stray cat last December. Took her in from the cold. Then found out that she was pregnent (sp). I fosterd (sp) her through an adoption place. She was always moving the kittens around. As I have a one room apt she couldn't move them far. l :lol: When they were weaned (sp) I had to give them all up. :-( Too expensive to keep pets on my income, but surely enjoyed having them for the short time they were here.They all got adopted very wuickly except for the mom. Think she was feral. Hope someone will adopt her soon. But she has been at the adoption place for several months. :-(