Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My New Baby! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-new-baby-t269547.html)

Reba'squilts 09-04-2015 04:16 AM

You will love your Pacifica. I am on my third one. Wish they still made them. Do not know what I will find to replace this one when the time comes. I only drive it 6 months out of the year....so it will probably last a long long time! Love your purple!

carolynjo 09-04-2015 05:12 AM

She looks beautiful! Enjoy every minute you can riding in it and having a good time.

Homespun 09-04-2015 05:20 AM

Love your vehicle...I need something like that!

earthwalker 09-04-2015 05:29 AM

Looks like the perfect vehicle for a quilter/collector....Well done Donna! It's great you were able to get what looks like a good vehicle for a reasonable price. Safe journey to California and show us pics when you get back.

IBQUILTIN 09-04-2015 09:56 AM

Have a wonderful trip and above all, be safe

OhCanada 09-04-2015 10:02 AM

Enjoy your new wheels - lots of room in the back for storing fabric if you have time on your road trip to stop in at some quilt shops!

KLO 09-05-2015 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7305568)
look at all the room to stash fabric in!!!!

Ha, ha, ha! Or more older machines that you find at second hand or antique shops on the way or coming back. Nice looking vehicle and I like that it is purple instead of white, beige, gray, or silver. At least you should be able to find it in a parking lot.

tessagin 09-05-2015 05:39 AM

Congrats on your "new" ride! Been a while since I've purchased "new" on market. So many problems from those I'm hearing from. I know of 5 people who have had their "new" vehicles less than 6 months and either in the shop for recall or some other mechanical failure. I'm leery of purchasing anything after 2010. My Jeep is 2004. Got it 6 years ago and still running and paid for. DH keeps up maintenance he can and last time saved us about 500.00 on labor alone. I can get a lot in my Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Enjoy your 'new" ride. Don't ever make excuses for the "new to me". Think of the money saved. I always check the vin to see how maintenance was kept in check. Love your purple. Mine is the common silvery grey platinum. Luckily, I know my platenumber.

Rennie 09-05-2015 06:16 AM

Donna, we have a 2007 Pacifica (blue). We bought it new so we have had it 8 years next month. It has been a WONDERFUL vehicle! Just the usual maintenance - oil, etc. - no problems. We have looked over the past year or so at trading - but can't find a vehicle we like as much - it is so comfortable - a great car for traveling, too - although we don't do too much of that. Enjoy!

rjwilder 09-05-2015 06:19 AM

What part of California do you plan on visiting? We're still having a lot of wildfires so make sure you check road conditions and closures.