Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Wish for You...all of you! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-wish-you-all-you-t237723.html)

CarolynMT 12-30-2013 10:11 AM

My Wish for You...all of you!

I personally do not see why I have to wait for a genie to make wishes :p So I am not. I am going to throw my wishes out there. And I am going to make my resolution this year to ensure that these wishes continue through the year!

So here are my wishes, they are for everyone here....

1. I wish for everyone to find peace and joy in their endeavors, that everyone takes the time to see and enjoy every part of their journey through this life.

2. I wish for everyone to be able to practice their craft of quilting with love and happiness.

3. I wish for everyone to learn that their work is valuable, no matter how imperfect our work looks to ourselves, I want us to put that aside and value our work!

4. I wish for everyone to step outside their comfort zone, to branch out, try something new, do a new pattern, use a new color, try a different fabric :) Explore our varied world!

5. I wish for everyone to learn the art of constructive criticisms, and how they help all of us grow. To learn how to give it and most especially how to receive it. This is where we learn to get better with our skills!

6. Lastly, I wish for everyone to grow, learn, live and love in all things :) Challenge yourselves to be better, get better and believe you deserve the best!

Happy New Year to all my fellow quilters, may this year be filled with bright spots, glitter, love, support, laughter and most of all FABRIC!!

:hug:

Please feel free to add your wishes :)

Tartan 12-30-2013 11:38 AM

Hope spring eternal! I hope the New Year is peaceful, joyful and fulfilling for all QB members and their families!

alwayslearning 12-30-2013 12:41 PM

Thanks, Carolyn. The interesting thing is that these bounties do not just get piled upon us. We do need to work to gain the bounties. Thanks!

AuntieD 12-30-2013 01:31 PM

Thank you, what a nice post. Wishing u a wonderful year.

ube quilting 12-30-2013 02:46 PM

Thank you so very much, we should all print and post this near our machines to remind us to be good to ourselves like we are to others.

This is a sentiment I would like to follow.

Make your year a good one.
peace

Jan in VA 12-30-2013 06:48 PM

How kind and thoughtful you are, Carolyn; thank you so much for the best wishes and encouragement. :)
I wish the same for you in the coming year, and more.:thumbup:

Jan in VA

nursie76 12-30-2013 06:52 PM

Well said. Here's to making 2014 the best year yet!

lclang 12-31-2013 05:47 AM

I wish for good health for all us older folk. If you have your health, you have all you need!

bibi 12-31-2013 09:01 AM

Thank You Carolyn this is most thoughtful of you. I too, wish you and everyone on the board a safe and happy quilt-filled New Year.

callen 01-01-2014 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 6482917)
How kind and thoughtful you are, Carolyn; thank you so much for the best wishes and encouragement. :)
I wish the same for you in the coming year, and more.:thumbup:

Jan in VA

As usual, Jan has expressed our reply perfectly (what would we ever do without you, Jan, you are the best). You typed my sentiments exactly. Peace & happiness to you Carolyn & to everyone on the QB.