Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The mystery quilt experiment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/mystery-quilt-experiment-t241123.html)

Billi 02-15-2014 10:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok first block complete.
I'm embarrassed at how difficult the directions were for me in some places. When seriously they are simple and straight forward I just typically like pictures with my words especially when I have no idea what the finished step is suppose to look like. Also please don't look to closely at my points and corners they are not what they should be and I am considering doing some ripping and trying it again in places.

Ok now to continue reading to get to the next clue

Tartan 02-15-2014 12:06 PM

:DWhat fun....read faster!

MamaBear61 02-15-2014 12:16 PM

This is going to be really pretty. Keep posting your progress. I LOVE, LOVE the blue wavy fabric and blue is not a colour I am drawn too usually.

JoyceHoopes 02-16-2014 11:39 AM

Billi, Your fabrics are beautiful. Like you I have a very difficult time with mystery quilts (as shown by the 2 UFOs on the shelf). I'm way too controlled (read anal retentive) when choosing fabrics and want to see the final quilt. So much for the mystery. I hope you are pleased with your results and can come to enjoy the process. Smiley faces aren't working or you'd have a bemused one here Good luck.

JanieH 02-16-2014 02:29 PM

Love the fabrics you chose. I downloaded the book also and as soon as I finish the other 3 (yes, 3 at one time) books I am reading, plan to start it. You have inspired me to try the mystery quilt also. Hopefully I can find fabrics to use in my stash as my goal this year is to actually use some of it!

Billi 02-16-2014 02:33 PM

Well I made it to the next set of clues and started on the set of 10 blocks (all the same). now I am "unsewing" and trying again most of my corners are not meeting correctly I messed a few of them up so bad I may need to go buy more of the blue green wavey :-/

Mamabear that is one of my favorites too it's the blender between "fabric A" floral focus fabric, and "fabric B" green leaves the complementary contrast ..I actually chose "fabric C" the blender blue green swirls 2nd then went looking for the contrast. probably a little unorthodox but it worked.

DottyMo yay for you be sure and share yours too it will be fun to see the the diffrences.

Thanks for checking in on me and my mysterious journey.

roserips 02-18-2014 12:47 PM

I went to the library on line and requested her books. Two came in so I am reading Murder by Music. Haven't gotten to any quilt directions yet will let you know when I do and how it goes.

gotta-sew 02-26-2014 09:50 PM

Funny how we all approach a task differently. Some of you are so great, and you quilt as you read. I got so caught up in the book, I just had to finish and find out who did it first. I finished the book last night. Now I will try to make the Quilt. By the way, it was kind of a fun read.