Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Nasty weather coming- what are you doing tomorrow? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/nasty-weather-coming-what-you-doing-tomorrow-t91438.html)

ksea 01-18-2011 07:58 AM

Over 200 schools and businesses closed or delayed today so I think I will stay inside and see how many swap blocks I can get done.

Ditter43 01-18-2011 08:17 AM

The weather here isn't too bad. We had some rain yesterday and I had dr. appts, did some shopping and was home in time for supper.
Today it's overcast and raining on and off but not cold. I am working on a quilt for my GS and cleaning the house. :-D

Mickie612 01-18-2011 08:27 AM

I really feel for ya'll. Hopefully we have had our snow this year. I would go crazy if we had to live with it like you. It is just raining here and will hopefully get rid of the last of the snow. I need some spring;;;;;

Just Jane 01-18-2011 12:56 PM

DH and I were just at the doctor's today -- both of us are sick with bronchitis -- Doc says he should stay home at LEAST 2 more days! Don't feel real good, but there's nothing like handquilting to keep me content. He's a woodcarver, so we know what HE will be doing! Weather is supposed to turn nasty here in northern Indiana, and we stopped for supplies on our way home. We plan to settle in and enjoy our confinement!

Just Jane 01-18-2011 12:57 PM

DH and I were just at the doctor's today -- both of us are sick with bronchitis -- Doc says he should stay home at LEAST 2 more days! Don't feel real good, but there's nothing like handquilting to keep me content. He's a woodcarver, so we know what HE will be doing! Weather is supposed to turn nasty here in northern Indiana, and we stopped for supplies on our way home. We plan to settle in and enjoy our confinement!

grannypat7925 01-18-2011 05:01 PM

Keep working on my scrappy blocks!

Bltg54 01-18-2011 05:54 PM

Tomorrow I will be out in the weather making my way to work and home again. Once I'm home it's supper and get ready for the next day. I will take a cross stitch to work on at lunch. I moved to the south last year after living on the West Coast for many years. This cold wet weather is taking some adjustment.

penski 01-18-2011 06:11 PM

we are getting the beginning of it now so i am going to spend my day in my sewing room !!!!

Pins n' Ndls 01-18-2011 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Baysidegal
Not sure whether we are getting rain or snow tomorrow. I will be in all day sewing, then going out to Mom's to bring her dinner after she gets home from daycare...Hope it isn't too bad then.

Hope you got to take your Mom her dinner today. This weather is so nasty to drive in. Please stay safe. My brother and SIL live in Rhode Island and he told me today it was awful but SIL went to work anyway. I'm sure it will be frozen by now. Hope she got home ok.

Rhonda 01-18-2011 06:57 PM

We did get freezing rain yesterday. The roads aren't bad now. We will be going out to eat tomarrow for our 36th wedding anniversary and my mom's birthday. It is supposed to be only cloudy tomarrow. Sure hope so!