Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need a Canadian pal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-canadian-pal-t234109.html)

roda 11-05-2013 09:42 PM

Need a Canadian pal

About years ago we went to Manitoba bear hunting and fishing when we got home and I cleaned out the car fpund a lot of Canadian money to get it exchanged would have to make a three hour trip. So was wondering if I could just send it to someone here on the broad

Peckish 11-05-2013 09:57 PM

I believe you can go into a bank and they will exchange it for you.

roda 11-05-2013 10:32 PM

The closest one that will exchange it is three hours away not worth the trip to go

w7sue 11-05-2013 11:18 PM

Is there a charity organization that you could google that is in Canada that you could send it to?

coopah 11-06-2013 05:44 AM

The exchange rate is about even now...something like 97cents to the dollar. Can't imagine a bank not doing that. Good luck...if it's a lot of money, maybe it would be worth the trip?

Tartan 11-06-2013 07:13 AM

A couple of pitfalls...1.the Post Office in both countries frown on sending cash through the mail 2. If something happens going in either directions :(

carslo 11-06-2013 07:16 AM

Send me a pm with the amount and maybe you could wrap it in a fat quarter and mail it to me and I could send you a fat quarter with the American amount. I will be going to Canada this spring, so it would be a win - win for both of us.

huntannette 11-06-2013 07:21 AM

I`m in Canada ...what would you like in exchange?

Originally Posted by roda (Post 6389432)
About years ago we went to Manitoba bear hunting and fishing when we got home and I cleaned out the car fpund a lot of Canadian money to get it exchanged would have to make a three hour trip. So was wondering if I could just send it to someone here on the broad

Mornigstar 11-06-2013 12:52 PM

There are probably lots of us to exchange with you. In my case I can send you an American check for the amount of Canadian money amount. The bank will charge you for doing the exchange so you will lose at least 3 % more than the exchange listed in the news. Bank will tell you they don't work for nothing --but it is a way to sell your money.

I buy thousands of dollars every yr because our income is Cdn funds so I can have money to live while in south west Fl. for 6 months. You can pm me if you want more info.

I would gladly be your pal no matter what.

FroggyinTexas 11-06-2013 02:31 PM

I tried to get some money exchanged at my bank about 3 month ago and they told me they don't do that. I couldn't believe it! froggyintexas

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 6389783)
The exchange rate is about even now...something like 97cents to the dollar. Can't imagine a bank not doing that. Good luck...if it's a lot of money, maybe it would be worth the trip?