Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need help with Pinterest (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-help-pinterest-t215749.html)

deplaylady 03-07-2013 02:19 PM

Need help with Pinterest

I finally broke down and decided to try Pinterest. As part of the registering process, they have you choose a few pictures you 'like'. Well I did that, not that they anything I would have really picked myself or followed, and now I find I am following several people that I do not want to be! And there seems to be no way to unfollow them. I am ready to quit before starting. Is there a way around this? I only registered because my daughter is starting to pin wedding ideas.

judy5cents 03-07-2013 04:06 PM

oh dear... don't give up on Pinterest just yet. Its really a wonderful invention and very useful. If you go to the person's name, click on it, there should be a button in the center of page at the top that says unfollow. If you click on that it should stop you from following that person. Hope this works for you.

do a search for quilts or quilting to see thousands of beautiful quilt photos!

erstan947 03-07-2013 07:25 PM

When I go into Pinterest I found that there was a bunch of stuff and people there too. After time they went away, but I found at the top of the page under the red Pinterest there were options~Following Categories Everything Popular Gifts I click on Following and there are the people I am following. See if this helps. My followings are mostly quilts.....dozens of them. I Love Pinterest.

Maggiemay 03-07-2013 07:47 PM

Go onto Pinterest, click on your name & you should see icons for "Followers"& "following". If you click on "following " you will see all of the people you are following & there is a spot where you can "unfollow" someone. I ended up following a few people that I had no idea how & I was able to unfollow them.

BellaBoo 03-07-2013 08:27 PM

Just unfollow the ones you don't want to follow.

deplaylady 03-07-2013 10:06 PM

Thank you all - I figured things put with your help. I see I might be spending lots of time there!

sewmany 03-08-2013 03:43 AM

Lol... I too just joined and same thing happened. I have not yet posted picture with fear of not knowing exactly what i am doing.

SherriB 03-08-2013 09:15 AM

I love Pinterest. I have found so many links to awesome quilting blogs. And the variety of beautiful quilts is amazing. I also use it for recipes, books, etc.

BellaBoo 03-08-2013 12:32 PM

It's just a website, you can't break it. LOL. Just start clicking and searching. When you find a picture you love and want to save then click repin.

sewplease 03-11-2013 01:59 PM

Oh, I am so glad to see this thread! I joined some time ago and had the same question as the original poster. Went back in today and it looks like I'm not following anything. I know this isn't rocket science lol, but just what are we supposed to do here? I'm interested primarily in quilting. Any advice as to what to do next?