Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need Help for Stain (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-help-stain-t226948.html)

maryb44662 08-01-2013 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou (Post 6206913)
I'm hoping you clever people will have an answer. I got a peach stain on a poly/cotton tee shirt. I have tried several stain removers, washed it several times in cold water and let it air dry. I still can't get the stain out. Anybody have any tips? I've tried Oxy clean, stain stick and Clorox for colors with no success. It's a white background with different colored polka dots. I'm almost tempted to try Clorox in an eye dropper but I'm afraid it will bleach the dots.

Thanks for your help.

Hydrogen peroxide gets any and all stains out of any type of fabric. I use it on my carpet as well as fabric. Use a spray bottle, spray some on the area and let it sit for a couple of hours. You usually can see it foaming up on the fabric just like it would on a cut finger, etc. Hope this works for you.

MaggieLou 08-02-2013 05:23 AM

I tried the Dawn liquid and the straight peroxide yesterday. Neither one seemed to work. I only left it soak in the peroxide for about 30 minutes. I'll try it again for a longer time.

kellen46 08-02-2013 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou (Post 6207230)
The stain is from a peach. I didn't notice it until it dried on my shirt.

This might sound crazy but it is what we used to get rid of peach stains way back when we used to pick and can about a gazzilion peaches a year. Freeze it. Wet the shirt, ball it up and put it in the freezer for 24 hours, then dry it in full sun. It always worked for me. Let me know how it works for you. This is a free low tech solution, no chemicals needed.

MaggieLou 08-02-2013 07:52 AM

You're right. It does sound crazy but since nothing else has worked it's worth a try. lol Now to just find room in the freezer...

mjhaess 08-02-2013 09:05 AM

I always use Grandmas stain remover and it has always worked for most stains, even old ones.

sewinggirl 08-02-2013 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou (Post 6206913)
I'm hoping you clever people will have an answer. I got a peach stain on a poly/cotton tee shirt. I have tried several stain removers, washed it several times in cold water and let it air dry. I still can't get the stain out. Anybody have any tips? I've tried Oxy clean, stain stick and Clorox for colors with no success. It's a white background with different colored polka dots. I'm almost tempted to try Clorox in an eye dropper but I'm afraid it will bleach the dots.

Thanks for your help.

Try Lestoil...I dab some on stain, let sit for awhile and then wash as usual...might take a few times but I use it for all stains, even old ones and works really well.

MarLeClair 08-02-2013 12:16 PM

A friend of mine swore by M30 which she purchased at the dollar store. She had given me a tub and I loved it. It would take out any stain I had as long as it never went in the dryer. Apparently the dollar store stopped selling it, then the Family Dollar store picked it up. Now they don't sell it anymore so.... I went to e-bay, amazon and a couple of other places. I found a case which I bought. My friend bought two cases. I'll have enough til I die. The stuff is fantastic and I can't see why they can't find someone to carry it. Shout never worked and none of the other stain removers work. M30 is the only one that lived up to its name. I love the stuff.

CAS49OR 08-02-2013 12:40 PM

I see many people suggested peroxide. Maybe adding some baking soda to the mix may help?

patski 08-02-2013 01:59 PM

Try to use accent, its' the MSG, just wet the spot, sprinkle the accent and let it sit for a bit, rinse out and it should take the stain out, it works on all food stains and "puppy" spots too!

Rose_P 08-02-2013 03:28 PM

Hydrogen peroxide will often remove organic stains. I haven't tried it on peach stains, but it's worth a try. It is less likely to hurt the shirt than bleach.