Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need help with unmentionable problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-help-unmentionable-problem-t21819.html)

bearisgray 06-25-2009 03:28 PM

aspartame - also known as Nutrasweet - aggravates a lot of people

amma 06-25-2009 06:18 PM

I've had this problem in the past, I lived on the BRAT diet and hard cheeses, vitamins and supplements. The doc even had me drinking hot rice water as no coffee or tea was allowed :( I hope you can find relief soon, I know how miserable that can be.

ScubaK 06-25-2009 06:22 PM

You REALLY need to go see a Dr. and try and NOT get this fixed on the internet, although our intentions are good.
Go to a Dr....ASAP!!!
Kirsten

Marcia 06-25-2009 06:23 PM

My dad had radiation treatments with the same results as yours. He mostly eats rice, boiled chicken, bananas, etc,

Have you tried the yogurts with natural cultures in them? They are supposed to help you replace the natural flora that is supposed to be in your intestines---they help with constipation or diarrhea.

pittsburgpam 06-25-2009 06:32 PM

I hope you find something and share it. I am almost afraid to eat out where I can't go right home. I don't know what it is and I've always had a sensitive digestive tract. I had my gallbladder removed years ago and I'm pretty sure it started after that. I don't think it's food though. Once I was about to eat lunch at work, took ONE BITE of a potatoe chip and immediately had to run to the ladies room.

One day something is fine. I'll have it the next day and NOT! I never know what's going to trigger it.

sewmuch 06-25-2009 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I hope you find something and share it. I am almost afraid to eat out where I can't go right home. I don't know what it is and I've always had a sensitive digestive tract. I had my gallbladder removed years ago and I'm pretty sure it started after that. I don't think it's food though. Once I was about to eat lunch at work, took ONE BITE of a potatoe chip and immediately had to run to the ladies room.

One day something is fine. I'll have it the next day and NOT! I never know what's going to trigger it.

Pam I know what you mean, I was told by my Dr. that its having the gallbladder removed that causes the problem. He said stay away from greasy foods, I do but thats not it either. I never know what will happen, it is better if not eating out.

littlehud 06-25-2009 07:09 PM

I think it would be a good idea to see your doctor. I'm sure he will have some suggestions.

mrsjdt 06-25-2009 07:24 PM

There is an over the counter medication called "Digestive Advantage" (Walmart, K-mart, Rite Aid, Eckards, Kinney's)there is one for Lactose Intolerance, and one for Chron's, and one for IBS...I personally use Lactose Intolerance and it is better than Lactaid by far. Have used IBS in the past and that is better than Imodium. Hope this helps BUT---you need to discuss this with your Dr.....as you know, it's no joke. :oops: :hunf: Joan

henryparrish76 06-25-2009 07:33 PM

when i was suffering from it really bad for about a week the DR gave me something called Lomatil (think i spelled it right) I only had to take two or three and it stopped.

Ducky 06-25-2009 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam

Pam, you just summed me up in a nutshell! I just never know -- and it gets very hard to go out with friends.