Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need IPHONE expert! HELP ! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-iphone-expert-help-t272102.html)

borntoquilt 11-10-2015 08:43 AM

Need IPHONE expert! HELP !

After a recent up grade on my 4S I phone I no longer am getting any "subscribed to" emails. I used to get 15 to 20 emails overnight.. Now sometimes I don't get ANY..... Any I phone experts out there who can help!! The first one I noticed missing was the Quilting Board (GASP). I am wondering if something got turned OFF with the upgrade.... but WHAT ???? I am semi savvy with computers but not the IPhone. Any help will be appreciated..... Thanks!! in advance !!!

Tartan 11-10-2015 09:01 AM

​I know absolutely nothing about computers but my daughters iPad Air emails got messed up with the latest iOS update. My DDIL fixed it but she had to go through Outlook?

Barb in Louisiana 11-10-2015 09:05 AM

Did you check your Junk emails? My iPhone decides which emails are junk and which are not.

Click on the Mail button, then click on the back button in the upper left corner. You should see two headings. One is Mailboxes and the other is accounts. Under "accounts", click on the email address you want to look at. It should open several categories. Look in Junk, Trash, or any others you think the emails might be in.

That's as far as I can take you. If they are not there, maybe someone else can help.

borntoquilt 11-10-2015 10:13 AM

thanks for replies. I also think mine got messed up with the latest IOS update. seems it started just after the update. Just got off phone with DD. She works for IT Dept. at Community College. She is gonna try to fix it for me but needs the my computer, She lives in another state but will see her for Thanksgiving. Geesch! I AM waiting for several important emails too! DRAT !!!

quiltingcandy 11-10-2015 10:19 AM

Go into the Apple website - they have great support. Or go to an Apple Store - I get such great assistance even when I just walk in the door someone is ready to help. But I am sure if you call them they could give you some information.

Quilting Grandma 11-10-2015 04:44 PM

Mine and my iPad is doing the same thing. DSIL says it is a setting on the computer. Is going to fix it when he gets time. Good luck to both of us.

nananurse 11-11-2015 04:22 AM

When I updated my iPhone last it dumped all the email folders. Just messing around with it I found that if you go to the email folder list and click on the edit button all you folders should come up. Click on the circle beside each folder and it will return all the folders to your email screen. I hope this helps.

Onebyone 11-11-2015 06:01 AM

In Google type How do I get subscribe emails on my Iphone4s to show. You will probably find many who have had the same problem. I solve 99% of my computer/phone/tablet problem using Google Search.

Stitchit123 11-11-2015 10:31 AM

My friend just updated to the newest fancy Iphone for her and her 2 teens -all were having problems. Phones were bought at Walmart. They could not resolve the problems and would not take them back-they suggested she mail them back to manufacturer. 4-6 wks w/o phones seemed extreme. So off too Verizon where she traded these in on new ones at only 1.89 each and her plan for all 3 lines is only $90 ='s a $45 savings per month and they waived the connection fee's on 2 phones. unlimited every thing and after 2 weeks they have not had any problems. Verizon guy said that phones bought at dept. stores are not the best off the assembly line and when buying any electronics at WM to check to make sure they are not ''refurbished''

borntoquilt 11-12-2015 08:00 AM

This not a Wal-Mart phone... Got from Verizon. I spend a lot of time at the local Verizon store having them FIX stuff every time there is a new up grade grrrrrr think I'll try Android.. My daughter LOVES hers. I am just getting tired of all this electronic hostage BS. I personally believe the whole thing is a "racket" !!! Thanks to all for your speedy replies. If and when I get it figured out - I'll let you know!