Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need a little TX travel help, (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-little-tx-travel-help-t110458.html)

toodie11 03-24-2011 10:11 PM

We are planing to be in San Antonio, Tx on 9-12 April. I have been looking for rooms my question is which is better place to stay Market sq area or Riverwalk area? is there any area I should stay away from. Can I get a little hometown opinion on "Fiesta San Antonio" ? I read a little about it on the web, Any thing that We should not miss?Ps no kids with us

pamkasperi 03-24-2011 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by toodie11
We are planing to be in San Antonio, Tx on 9-12 April. I have been looking for rooms my question is which is better place to stay Market sq area or Riverwalk area? is there any area I should stay away from. Can I get a little hometown opinion on "Fiesta San Antonio" ? I read a little about it on the web, Any thing that We should not miss?

Market Sq and Riverwalk are very close to each other - either is fine but if you are going during Fiesta it will be crazy. You could probably get cheaper prices in the airport area. Fiesta San Antonio is fun - not anymore for me because I've been so many times and I'm not much on the huge crowds anymore.

Where to stay away from depends on what all you want to do while you are there....feel free to PM me - we go to SA all the time and my son goes to college there - and there is another newbie who introduced herself to me yesterday who lives there and may have more info!

emerald46 03-25-2011 05:26 AM

I vote for staying at the Riverwalk...convenient for shopping and eating. Not a theme park fan since the kiddos grew up but there is awesome shopping across the freeway from the park at The Rim. It's a great time of year to go to SA before the temps hit the 90+ mark. If this is a quick only time trip then taking a on/off tour of the city would be fun and you get see lots. Tower of America's I never tire of, the Missions Trail, Japanese Tea Garden, Natural Bridge Caverans and of course, The Alamo. SA is one of our favorite little getaways.

tutt 03-26-2011 07:41 AM

Stay in or close to Riverwalk. Just got back on Tuesday from business trip.

toodie11 04-15-2011 07:56 PM

Pam, Thanks for the information We just got back and had a great time. Stayed downtown Riverwalk and walked everywhere. Lots of fun

toodie11 04-15-2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by tutt
Stay in or close to Riverwalk. Just got back on Tuesday from business trip.

Thanks, we just got back and stayed on the Riverwalk . Had a great time. Easy to walk to everything.

toodie11 04-15-2011 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by emerald46
I vote for staying at the Riverwalk...convenient for shopping and eating. Not a theme park fan since the kiddos grew up but there is awesome shopping across the freeway from the park at The Rim. It's a great time of year to go to SA before the temps hit the 90+ mark. If this is a quick only time trip then taking a on/off tour of the city would be fun and you get see lots. Tower of America's I never tire of, the Missions Trail, Japanese Tea Garden, Natural Bridge Caverans and of course, The Alamo. SA is one of our favorite little getaways.

Thanks for the info, we just got back and stayed on the Riverwalk . Had a great time. Easy to walk to everything.