Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need serious kitty litter help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-serious-kitty-litter-help-t73949.html)

littlehud 11-03-2010 03:39 AM

Tidy cat here. I buy so much of that. They must wonder at the grocery store. :lol: :lol: :lol:

CarrieAnne 11-03-2010 04:28 AM

I love Tidy Cat.........thats my first choice if I have coupon. I have 3 kittys, so sometimes it seems I am scooping twice a day!

amandasgramma 11-03-2010 04:30 AM

Two cats -- Arm and Hammer! Works great as long as one idiot cat we have would COVER his stuff!!!!

tdgiffin 11-03-2010 04:31 AM

I use Tidy Cat for Multiple Cats. Even if you just have one, it does a great job of masking odor. I also spray the linen scented Lysol in the litter box when I clean it out. I use liners so when I clean out the box, it gets EVERYTHING!

litacats 11-03-2010 04:58 AM

here in Australia we have a product called breeders choice, it is recycled news paper, and is very clean and doesn't smell, I don't like clumping litter as the cats sometimes eat it and it can kill them, quite a few of my friends have lost cats thru this type of litter

justwannaquilt 11-03-2010 05:11 AM

I have a Tidy Cat Breeze litter box system. I bought it and set it up the day we moved into this house. I love the thing and there is no smell.

renee765 11-03-2010 05:26 AM

I also use Tidy Cats for Multiple Cats. I have two Maine Coons with bladders the size of gallon jugs (only slightly exaggerating) and I've found that as long as I 'hunt for treasure' every day, it doesn't produce a noticeable odor.

nativetexan 11-03-2010 05:47 AM

i have 3 cats and use scoop away in the purple box. i get it at Target store, not Petco. it's much cheaper there.

feline fanatic 11-03-2010 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by litacats
here in Australia we have a product called breeders choice, it is recycled news paper, and is very clean and doesn't smell, I don't like clumping litter as the cats sometimes eat it and it can kill them, quite a few of my friends have lost cats thru this type of litter

I had also heard this about clumping litter and the dust from it is really bad for cats too. I use a product called Swheat scoop. It is made out of wheat husks so is completely natural and 100% biodegradable and safe for the cats even if they eat it, although I have never seen my cats eat the litter, every once in a while my dog goes for it. I have 5 cats and sift the boxes every other day. I do not have a problem with odor.

feline fanatic 11-03-2010 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by renee765
I also use Tidy Cats for Multiple Cats. I have two Maine Coons with bladders the size of gallon jugs (only slightly exaggerating) and I've found that as long as I 'hunt for treasure' every day, it doesn't produce a noticeable odor.

LOL, I have a MC too and you are right about the size of their bladder deposits. And the poops too! I keep accusing my guys of inviting their lion friends over. I too call it digging for buried treasure.