Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need a shower and wedding gift (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-shower-wedding-gift-t125850.html)

sdeaaz 05-26-2011 08:09 AM

I have a coworker getting married and will be invited to both shower and wedding. I am thinking of making a Christmas wall hanging or tablerunner, could possibly do a reversible runner. Would that be appropriate for summer shower. Seems they get so many things, but thought a Christmas decoration would be unique... don't want to look dorky though... advise needed. Quilter 1234

merry 05-26-2011 08:15 AM

Think Christmas WH or runner would be a great gift. Couple will probably get many gifts to use for summer. Your Christmas gift will be used for years.

twinkle 05-26-2011 08:26 AM

I have the same problem quilter, we have an invite to a wedding in Aug and I don't won't to spend too much so was thinking of maybe some pretty quilted table mats. A wall hanging, runner or tree skirt is a good idea too I hadn't thought of those.

QuiltE 05-26-2011 08:56 AM

I've often given Christmas items out of season! They always get a lot of attention and are well received.

One of the showers our family has had the most fun with, is months, seasons and occasions. Each guest invited is given a month, or season or occasion (ie Easter, Christmas) that they are to use in choosing their gift.

So, if Aunt Susie always gives a crystal vase, any month will match!

The first time we did this, we were nervous .... what would they think? what would they get? They had so much fun with it and my 90 yo Aunt was thrilled with the idea and really went along with it. Some creative juices got flowing and it made for fun at the Shower!

irishrose 05-26-2011 09:05 AM

I have given Christmas items for a shower and wedding in the Spring/Summer. I've even used Christmas wrapping paper if I know the recipient well. I've had nothing but positive feedback.

valsma 05-26-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by twinkle
I have the same problem quilter, we have an invite to a wedding in Aug and I don't won't to spend too much so was thinking of maybe some pretty quilted table mats. A wall hanging, runner or tree skirt is a good idea too I hadn't thought of those.

Actually I like the idea. Maybe the idea of a nice quilted tree skirt to with the couples names appliqued or embroiderd on it. It could become a family keepsake. I think whatever you decide they will like it.

bjolly 05-26-2011 10:24 AM

Good idea! They will have something to look forward to using on their first Christmas.

Originally Posted by quilter 1234
I have a coworker getting married and will be invited to both shower and wedding. I am thinking of making a Christmas wall hanging or tablerunner, could possibly do a reversible runner. Would that be appropriate for summer shower. Seems they get so many things, but thought a Christmas decoration would be unique... don't want to look dorky though... advise needed. Quilter 1234

QuiltE 05-26-2011 10:35 AM

I've actually been to a couple of Showers that were totally Christmas!

sdeaaz 05-26-2011 10:35 AM

thanks for all your encouragement. I just spent an hour on Connecting Threads ordering sale greens, reds, whites, and a new book. I love that site... can't beat the price.... I'll post my project when I finish... thanks again. Quilter 1234

sewwhat85 05-26-2011 10:57 AM

i think that is a great idea