Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Netflix series The 100 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/netflix-series-100-a-t272712.html)

Onebyone 11-26-2015 08:22 PM

Netflix series The 100

My granddaugher asked me to watch this with her and I was surprised how much I liked it. After she left I watched the other episodes by myself. LOL If you like adventure and survival on a not so violent level it's interesting and easy to watch.

Geri B 11-27-2015 07:27 AM

....don't have Netflix --- can it be accessed another way. Am now watching the last kingdom--- sort of a continuation of the Vikings....British tv is so much better than American....JMHO......bets things like Broke Girls, Life on Pieces, and even some of the dramas are getting tacky.......

Onebyone 11-27-2015 09:46 AM

You need to get Acorn Tv. It is nothing but British shows. The old ones and the new ones. I just finished watching the newest season of Doc Martin. If you have wi fi then go to Walmart and buy the Roku stick. (If you don't have wi fi buy a router, connect to your internet and you have wi fi.) Hook it up in about five minutes and get hundreds of free channels. Acorn tv is on Roku and cost about $5 a month. Netflix is $8 month. If you have Amazon prime then all their prime movies and tv shows are free on Roku. So many free channels you don't have to pay anything if you don't want to.

Wanabee Quiltin 11-28-2015 06:05 AM

We are just finishing up "Call the Midwife" which is very good. We found that we love the British shows but not if they go on too long, the main characters leave and we have no clue why, they just aren't there anymore. We will check out this show, thanks for letting us know.

Geri B 11-28-2015 06:38 AM

...buy a roku stick, acorn tv, netflix, amazon prime...each for a " small" monthly fee? Does all this then hook up to a tv or a computer screen? Oh, what happened to sitting in the living room and family watching tv by just turning it on!.....only monthly bill was electric! Never see that again.......

marge954 11-28-2015 07:05 AM

My DH is a sports nut but he elected to drop Directv last spring when it hit $100. We joined Netflix and find plenty to watch for $8.59 a month. We put up an old fashioned antenna in the yard and get about 26 local channels. DH misses watching sports but not enough to go down to the end of the street to his moms. I love British tv so I went back and watched Monarch of the Glen straight thru. Call the Midwife is one of my favorites!

citruscountyquilter 11-28-2015 10:12 AM

I have watched so much British TV with my Roku that it no longer seems strange when someone gets in the wrong side of the car to drive! Wouldn't be without it as there are way better shows than on Network TV

Onebyone 11-28-2015 05:26 PM

How can anyone complain about $8 a month to watch thousands of movies and tv shows on Netflix? Acorn TV adds new series as soon as they are aired in Britain. I watch quilting videos that are on Youtube on my tv with Roku. I don't care if I have cable anymore but DH has to watch his sports.

silverfoxmag 11-30-2015 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7387848)
My granddaugher asked me to watch this with her and I was surprised how much I liked it. After she left I watched the other episodes by myself. LOL If you like adventure and survival on a not so violent level it's interesting and easy to watch.

Onebyone, you've got me hooked! I'm already up to episode 15, I am really enjoying it, thanks for sharing!

Clay 11-30-2015 01:06 PM

One of my favorites is Foyle's War. Great series, watched all the seasons and wanted more!