Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New Bed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-bed-t135529.html)

plainpat 07-06-2011 02:43 AM

I asked for advice on what mattress to buy....as our 3yr old innerspring was falling apart.It was a "good" brand,only 3yrs old.It was also a hunk of junk,but that's another story.

After talking to DD & reading your responses,I decided on a Sleep Number bed.DD & my Sis have had SN beds for yrs,but guess I never listened :(

They are expensive & I lucked into a great deal when a couple deciding to downsize sold me their one yr old K size SN....complete with split box springs.

After sleeping on it 3 wks,I love it & am sleeping better.Still wake up in the nt, but the diff is,I go right back to sleep.I'm sleeping around 8hrs & can't remember when that happened last,as I'm a very restless sleeper,usually spending part of the nt on sofa or recliner.That hasn't happened since we got the SN.It's more than I expected & just wanted to thank those who posted.

Painiacs 07-06-2011 03:27 AM

Yay!!! I was told by company twice a yr to unzip pillowtop and shake it out to fluff it up again. The spots that don't fluff use hose attach on sewing machine to fluff. Wish I'd Known as my has dips and after 6 yr is uncomfortable! good luck!!

alikat110 07-06-2011 10:51 AM

I am a terrible sleeper. Wish I could afford a sleep number

Dianemarie 07-06-2011 10:54 AM

Have had one for about 3 years and LOVE it. Never slept better.

Dianemarie 07-06-2011 10:54 AM

Best part was after losing 80+ pounds I can adjust the number to more comfortable !!!!! Yahooo . No lumps or bumps !

TonnieLoree 07-06-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs
Yay!!! I was told by company twice a yr to unzip pillowtop and shake it out to fluff it up again. The spots that don't fluff use hose attach on sewing machine to fluff. Wish I'd Known as my has dips and after 6 yr is uncomfortable! good luck!!

What is a hose attachment on a sewing machine? Did you mean vacuum?

;)

TonnieLoree 07-06-2011 11:01 AM

My parents have one in their guest room. I love it! Just wishing I could afford one for my bed at home. ;)

nativetexan 07-06-2011 11:08 AM

i have one. started out at 45 but am now up to 95!!

wanda lou 07-06-2011 12:36 PM

I might just check into one of these, I don't sleep well at all.

plainpat 07-06-2011 02:19 PM

I don't know if there's a perfect bed that would suit everyone,but the SN is working for me. As I said, sleeping has been a big problem for me ....for at least 10 yrs or more.One Dr said it comes with age, another said that comes with the change.No way I'll get younger & it's been a coons age since the change :)
Still have to get up twice a nt, but in just a few mins, I'm back to sleep & that is a huge difference.

I'm like several of you, no way I could afford a new SN,but they do have a sale now & then with no interest for quite a while.Anyway, I'm a happy sleeper!