Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The new board IS EASIER to use, once you know how...here is why... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-board-easier-use-once-you-know-how-here-why-t169003.html)

Michellesews 11-19-2011 10:48 AM

The new board IS EASIER to use, once you know how...here is why...

Did you know that when you go to What's New, you can just glide your mouse over each message and the small window will come up showing you part of the text? This way, you can see if you really want to open the entire post.
If you click on your email address at the top banner, then look to the left column, you can see everything you posted, everything you have read...etc. It really is easier...once you get the hang of it. I am sure there are other goodies I have not discovered yet, but if you find some, please post!
Michelle

alikat110 11-19-2011 10:54 AM

Not sure about "email address at top banner"....I'm not seeing that???

joyce888 11-19-2011 11:02 AM

I don't see my email in a banner either.

Bonbonary 11-19-2011 11:10 AM

Same here, no email at the top. But, I found the best tip was to go down to the bottom of the page & click on "Archive" which is next to "Contact Us." This brings you to a list of items in each category (Main, Pictures, etc.) It is similar to the old board. When you click on a title to look at it, it turns from blue to pink to show you have read it. Then you go back to that page for the next topic. You don't keep getting the same topics over and over again & you can tell which one you have seen. That's the only page I use to browse around the board now.

JulieR 11-19-2011 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110 (Post 4698422)
Not sure about "email address at top banner"....I'm not seeing that???

For me it's my username - it's in the top right, "Welcome, JulieR". To the right of that are the links for notifications, my profile, settings and logout. You can also access it via My Profile.

LindaM49 11-19-2011 11:30 AM

Mine is my username too. I don't mind the new forum at all. I'm a member of several other forums (not quilting) and they have changed several times over the years. You get used to it and can't remember what the previous one was like. :)

mucky 11-19-2011 11:58 AM

Sill takes me longer to read this board than before. I just give up after while.

bearisgray 11-19-2011 12:20 PM

It is all in the knowing how to use something - - - although some things are MUCH easier to learn and use than others - -

Sewing machines, word processors, computers, computer programs, 18-gear transmissions - - - learning to use equipment can be frustrating!

BellaBoo 11-19-2011 01:21 PM

I feel like it's a chore to read this board layout. It seems too cluttered. It is free but not as easy to follow as the other formats. I'm not excited about reading the board as I use to be. I don't recommend it to other quilters as I use to.

Bonbonary 11-19-2011 01:25 PM

BellaBoo, Try the archive method I posted above. It's more like the old board. I'm much happier now that I found it.