Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New dishwasher (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-dishwasher-t316538.html)

Chasing Hawk 10-04-2021 04:36 PM

New dishwasher

My new dishwasher is arriving tomorrow. We are replacing the one we just had installed less than 2 years ago. Our major reason on replacing the existing one was the door, the spring was so loud when opening and closing. No matter what we did to try and quiet it didn't work. Our son is taking it since his dishwasher is on its last leg. He said he won't mind the noise and welcomes the newer model.

This is the one we bought https://www.homedepot.com/p/LG-Elect...420a4d90f7db46
I fell in love with the 3rd rack for silverware.

cashs_mom 10-04-2021 08:25 PM

My dishwasher has the same rack system and I really like it. Good luck. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Anniedeb 10-04-2021 08:48 PM

Looks nice! I just saw my son's new dishwasher and was really impressed with that top 3rd shelf. He says it's great for all the large utensils, spatulas etc.

Stitchnripper 10-05-2021 02:59 AM

We have a Bosch with the same third shelf. We use it to lay our silverware and don’t use the basket down below. For our use it works out better for us.

sandy l 10-05-2021 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 8511665)
We have a Bosch with the same third shelf. We use it to lay our silverware and don’t use the basket down below. For our use it works out better for us.

That's the same thing we did.

Onebyone 10-05-2021 03:34 AM

My daughter moved into her newly built home last year and she has a one drawer one separate from the lager one. She uses the one rack one everyday. It holds dishes for the four of them. It takes about 25 mins for a cycle pus drying. The larger one is only used when she has company for meals. The new appliances are amazing but most have too many features for me.

Fizzle 10-05-2021 03:42 AM

When we remodeled our kitchen i put in a Whirlpool dishwasher with the 3rd rack. Thought it would be awesome. Eventually removed it. Took up space for larger bowls on top rack and was too time consuming to layout the knives and forks in their spots. And was too skinny for larger mixing spoons and the like.

Onebyone 10-06-2021 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8511668)
My daughter moved into her newly built home last year and she has a one drawer one separate from the lager one. She uses the one rack one everyday. It holds dishes for the four of them. It takes about 25 mins for a cycle pus drying. The larger one is only used when she has company for meals. The new appliances are amazing but most have too many features for me.

To be clear, my daughter has two separate dishwashers. One small like a deep drawer and one big like a regular dishwasher. Same with her oven. One oven that has one rack and then the bigger oven. It's almost like having two kitchens in one.

Stitchnripper 10-06-2021 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8511895)
To be clear, my daughter has two separate dishwashers. One small like a deep drawer and one big like a regular dishwasher. Same with her oven. One oven that has one rack and then the bigger oven. It's almost like having two kitchens in one.

I have a Stove with two ovens as you describe. I do enjoy it. Mostly use the top smaller one but the bottom one can accommodate a huge turkey

Chasing Hawk 10-06-2021 11:38 AM

We have a delay on the delivery of my dishwasher. They delivery people came by yesterday but parked across the street. We have a camera outside and no one came to the gate or called. All though they told the dispatch office they did.
So now I have to wait until the 26th of this month. I saw them out there but since they were across the street in front of another house in a Ryder truck I thought the neighbors were moving.

Next time I am going to be a nosy neighbor and see what they are doing on the other side of the gate.........lol