Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New Keurig owner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-keurig-owner-t234278.html)

Geri B 11-08-2013 07:06 AM

New Keurig owner

I know I am really behind times but finally convinced myself to buy one....tired of throwing away half pots of coffee. I am enjoying this experience. Better now that I can use my regular coffee with it instead of always buying Special K-cups. Just had to share this fun thing with you! Those who like me are on the fence......think again....I got mine..not the most expensive one, at kohl's w/30% off coupon......and it's red! My this year MeGift! Think I'll make myself a cuppa now!

EllieGirl 11-08-2013 07:59 AM

We have a Mr. Coffee that was made for Keurig, it has the name Keurig on it. I really like it a lot! We're still buying the K-cups, but plan to get the little cup you can use your own coffee in. The big push for us getting it is DH drinks full octane and I drink decaf. My daughter has one and I liked using her's when I would visit. It's nice for me that I can now have the decaf. I was just doing without because DH is one of those people who cannot function without his coffee.

Nammie to 7 11-08-2013 01:45 PM

My husband got one for Christmas a few years ago -- he uses it to make me Chai in the evenings. He prefers his regular coffee machine but he drinks 10-12 cups of coffee every day!

nygal 11-08-2013 02:00 PM

We have a Keurig and we LOVE it. This is our third one. The first two stopped working within the first year and they sent us new ones for free each time. But now that we use purified water when making the coffee we are having no problems. I love having a PERFECT cup of coffee every single time. We order our coffee from the Keurig website. We like their "Italian Dark Roast Decaf":thumbup:. It is WONDERFUL.

Peckish 11-08-2013 04:06 PM

I've been on the fence about them, didn't like the idea of having to buy special cartridges that were more expensive than regular coffee. But then 2 things happened - all the stores in my area quit carrying our favorite brand/flavor of coffee, and I discovered the refillable K-cup thing (Ekobrew?), so you can use your own coffee. I'm thinking if sales and personal finances work in my favor, maybe Santa will bring one to our home. :)

Pam B 11-08-2013 05:30 PM

We have one. For us, the plus is the variety we have with the k-cups! I also like getting a quick cup of hot chocolate every now and then.

LynnVT 11-08-2013 05:49 PM

WalMart has little refillable cups that you can use easily without removing the part you have to remove from the Keurig to use their refillable cup. They come in packs of four and we just love them. Their cap is attached so you can't lose it, and all you need to do is put in a scoop of your favorite coffee and pop it in place. Hate the one we bought from Keurig for $16 that does require pulling out the piece that holds the cup. The premade cups are great, but really expensive even when you buy direct. Not to mention the enormous pile of plastic debris left from the disposable ones.

Mdaniels 11-08-2013 06:05 PM

Some good places to order: Coffeecow, Coffeewhiz, Alpine Valley Coffe--and Amazon, especially if you are a prime member. Much cheaper than from the store, and you get boxes of 24, not 18.

Quilting Grandma 11-08-2013 06:45 PM

My grandaughter gave me one for Christmas. Love it. I bought a set of 4 of the cups from Bed, Bath + Beyind. 2 red + 2 brown, that way I can use the red for tea.

Amythyst02 11-09-2013 04:08 AM

I have been thinking of getting one of these, and have not priced the little coffee things and not sure if DH cup would fit it. He uses one of the huge mugs from Circle K. Lots of things for us to consider.