Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A new machine and a frame! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-machine-frame-t237077.html)

mariatherese 12-20-2013 08:10 AM

A new machine and a frame!

I just have to share with you! I just got my new machine. It's a Juki TL-2010Q and it has traveled far to come to me... :) I also ordered a Grace Start Right Frame (queen size).

I have not had time to unbox and assemble the frame yet. But the Juki, oh the Juki! It's a sturdy piece of machinery and I can just tell that I am going to have so much fun with it!

Of course, the first thing I had to do was to moderate the FMQ-foot so that it doesn't move with the neadle shaft. It flows so nicely. I have to start a project at once!

Just wanted to share... it feels like I've just had all the Christmas presents I ever need this year.

michelleoc 12-20-2013 09:18 AM

Congratulations! Here's wishing you many hours and years of creativity and fun with your new toys.

Tartan 12-20-2013 09:21 AM

​Congratulations!

Melinda in Tulsa 12-20-2013 10:35 AM

The Juki 2010q is the BOMB!

mariatherese 12-20-2013 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks! While I was just trying it out for a new project my husband started to assemble the frame upstairs! It was a significant piece of furniture.

Just had to do something so I did a Christmas stocking. The finish wasn't the best but I was just doodling. Added machine embroidered name on top. In Sweden we don't do the Christmas stocking thing, but now I need to make one more...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452562[/ATTACH]

mighty 12-21-2013 06:32 AM

Congrats!!! Yoor stocking looks wonderful!!!!

redbreast 12-22-2013 08:16 AM

If that is your "doodling" I sure would like to see a quilt that you felt was one you really worked on. The stocking is really cute for a doodling project How artistic you must be!

LITTLEOLDME 12-22-2013 08:38 AM

I love my Juki longarm, what a joy to quilt with it. enjoy. I had to move half my family room furniture out to make room for it but what the heck they can sit in the living room..

Debbie C 12-22-2013 01:06 PM

Congrats - you're going to have such fun!!!

bhanes 12-22-2013 08:54 PM

Can you please tell me or show me what you did to the FMQ foot

Originally Posted by mariatherese (Post 6465759)
I just have to share with you! I just got my new machine. It's a Juki TL-2010Q and it has traveled far to come to me... :) I also ordered a Grace Start Right Frame (queen size).

I have not had time to unbox and assemble the frame yet. But the Juki, oh the Juki! It's a sturdy piece of machinery and I can just tell that I am going to have so much fun with it!

Of course, the first thing I had to do was to moderate the FMQ-foot so that it doesn't move with the neadle shaft. It flows so nicely. I have to start a project at once!

Just wanted to share... it feels like I've just had all the Christmas presents I ever need this year.