Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New picture (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-picture-t283323.html)

Cybrarian 10-27-2016 06:24 PM

Love this, I want to walk "into it", you have a beautiful talent!

coopah 10-27-2016 06:36 PM

Lovely, realistic looking and enjoyable to look at. Thanks for sharing.

Wanabee Quiltin 10-28-2016 03:48 AM

So peaceful, a great picture.

slbram17 10-28-2016 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian (Post 7686795)
Love this, I want to walk "into it", you have a beautiful talent!

Nice of you to say that...this one gave me fits because it started feeling kind of lifeless. I added the color to the trees and it was kind of amazing how that changed the whole feel of it.

Everyone is being so generous in their responses...heartwarming.

slbram17 10-28-2016 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy (Post 7686712)
That is beautiful! Have you taken lessons?

No formal lessons. I started painting years ago when I started watching Bob Ross..that kind of got me started. It has been a long time. I paint different styles but started getting back to landscapes lately. I like making welcome signs with different scenes, and then they can also be useful to some as well.

But with sewing taking the forefront, I don't always make time to paint.

annette1952 10-28-2016 05:45 AM

It is gorgeous! I can't paint. I took an oil painting class years ago & I did ok but the instructor had to help me a lot. It just isn't a talent of mine but I love to see your work. You are very talented

mjmachin 10-28-2016 05:47 AM

I always say I can't draw a straight line with a ruler!! Your paintings are so beautiful. I would love to have a little of the talent you have. Keep up the great work, and thanks so much for sharing.

Snooze2978 10-28-2016 06:28 AM

Just a suggestion if you're using a flash on your camera or the pop-up flash. Take a paper napkin or thin t-towel/napkin and place it over the flash. It should help with the flash back and glare. I just rubber banded a paper napkin over my flash to keep it in place and then took the photo. Seemed to help me.

carolynjo 10-28-2016 08:34 AM

I love it. We are putting our house on the market in March, so everything is packed (almost). My water colors, etc., are boxed and I am getting antsy, especially when I see the boxes.

slbram17 10-28-2016 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 (Post 7687050)
Just a suggestion if you're using a flash on your camera or the pop-up flash. Take a paper napkin or thin t-towel/napkin and place it over the flash. It should help with the flash back and glare. I just rubber banded a paper napkin over my flash to keep it in place and then took the photo. Seemed to help me.

I think you might be seeing the outdoor reflection of the light...I don't think the camera flashed. Could be wrong but the photo was taken outside...don't usually get the flash. I take photos during the later stages thinking I am done...then get a little impatient and varnish before I photograph.

But that sounds like a great tip.