Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New season of Downton Abbey (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-season-downton-abbey-t250790.html)

Doggramma 07-27-2014 05:35 AM

I should probably watch it. I've amassed quite a collection of the fabrics!

solstice3 07-27-2014 06:19 AM

Bought all four seasons. Can't wait? Anyone watch the one about Selfridge ? I hope I spelled it right.

judykay 07-27-2014 07:54 AM

I just went to Andover's web site and they have several beautiful patterns for the downton abbey fabric collection. I also am hooked on the show and just started watching Cedar Cove on demand, did not know it started back up until I happen to be browsing on demand looking for something to watch. Both great shows.

cashs_mom 07-27-2014 08:03 AM

I LOVE Downton Abbey!

Yes, I've gotten hooked on Selfridge, too. And I watch all the Masterpiece Mysteries.

Stitchnripper 07-27-2014 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by solstice3 (Post 6819323)
Bought all four seasons. Can't wait? Anyone watch the one about Selfridge ? I hope I spelled it right.

I have watched all of Downton Abbey and love Mr. Selfridge just as much. Wouldn't it have been fun if we could see the Downton people shopping at Selfridge's?

sewmom 07-27-2014 10:37 AM

Ii love Cedar Cove too! It looks like a nice place to live. Another series that is good is Janette okes "when Calls the Heart" it's set in a mining town in western Canada.

Belfrybat 07-27-2014 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by judykay (Post 6819450)
I just went to Andover's web site and they have several beautiful patterns for the downton abbey fabric collection. I also am hooked on the show and just started watching Cedar Cove on demand, did not know it started back up until I happen to be browsing on demand looking for something to watch. Both great shows.

Would you mind posting a link. I went to the Andover site, and received a message that no patterns are available for the Downton collection. Thanks!

judykay 07-27-2014 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 6819729)
Would you mind posting a link. I went to the Andover site, and received a message that no patterns are available for the Downton collection. Thanks!

I went back to the web site and a different home page came up and at the top is a link for the pattern page, there you will see a place on the right to type in what you are looking for. Wheni did this I needed to scroll down to the bottom where I found a pattern called Lady Rose collection. The next page will have more and the collection is beautiful. I have a gift certificate for my favorite quilt store so I am going to look them over to find which one I want to do.

carolaug 07-27-2014 12:07 PM

I will have to check out Cedar Coe, I have never heard of that one. I also love the call of the Mid Wives

dc989 07-28-2014 07:33 AM

Love Downton too esp Edith. Another great British series is Call the Midwife. It might be hard to follow unless you watch from the first episode. It is on Netflix.