Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   NEXIUM alert (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/nexium-alert-t63631.html)

lynnie 09-07-2010 09:36 PM

just got back from gastro today, after alot of expnsive testing, i found out among other things, i have over 60 pollups in my stomach caused by taking nexium. Please be careful with perscription drugs and the side affects. They never told me this was possible

Chasing Hawk 09-07-2010 09:45 PM

Oh my, thanks for the warning. I don't take the "little purple pill", but so far in the past 6 weeks or so I have developed allergies to an antibiotic and some weird symptoms from a muscle relaxer.

livenlearn124 09-08-2010 04:22 AM

I've been taking Nexium for years...eeeeek!

Is pollups a side effect of Nexium... and if I may ask.. what were your symptoms?

stitchinwitch 09-08-2010 04:40 AM

OMG - 'just want to know - before a drug is put on the market, I heard that 7 million $ is spent testing it, BUT there are more and more reports about negative results from taking those meds - what's up with that??? Where is the 7 mil going??? I sure hope that your pollups can be treated.

Deecee 09-08-2010 05:01 AM

Was taking Nexium for about 18 months then had to stop prior to having some other tests done. Didn't feel any worse without it so didn't go back to taking it. Awfully glad now.

Hope everything gets sorted out for you.

lynnie 09-08-2010 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by livenlearn124
I've been taking Nexium for years...eeeeek!

Is pollups a side effect of Nexium... and if I may ask.. what were your symptoms?

i also have diabetes, i had severe stomach aches and was nausaus all the time. they did a scope and found them. just a heads up and be careful

lynnie 09-08-2010 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
OMG - 'just want to know - before a drug is put on the market, I heard that 7 million $ is spent testing it, BUT there are more and more reports about negative results from taking those meds - what's up with that??? Where is the 7 mil going??? I sure hope that your pollups can be treated.

probably lining somesonepocket

nativetexan 09-08-2010 05:17 AM

hmmmmm, i take it and so does my hubby. i was about to call and see when my last colonoscopy was. guess i will now.
i have such terrible heart burn without nex ium though.

clem55 09-08-2010 06:21 AM

I"ve been taking Nexium for years. Thought I didn't need it anymorejust recenty, but after one week off, the old heartburn was bad again. So, I am back on it.

livenlearn124 09-08-2010 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
I"ve been taking Nexium for years. Thought I didn't need it anymorejust recenty, but after one week off, the old heartburn was bad again. So, I am back on it.

I'm the same way Carol, if I go 2 days without it, the heartburn is back with a vengeance!