Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Nook vs. Kindle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/nook-vs-kindle-t136406.html)

Lyncat 07-11-2011 07:06 AM

I've had my Kindle for a year and a half, and I agree with what others have said about it. The non-glare screen is great. I can read it in the bright sunlight with no problem. My brother has a Nook color, but everytime I see him using it he is playing Angry Birds, not reading a book.

galvestonangel 07-11-2011 02:36 PM

I got my Kindle for Xmas and love it. I took it on my trip over the pond that lasted 5 weeks and loved that I didn't have to take bulky books and only charged it once. I love that I can preview the first chapters of the book before I buy the book before I buy. I love the no glare screen, it is so easy to read.

Before I left I thought the Kindle wasn't charging and called Amazon. In 2 days I had another Kindle, before I sent my back to them, I found out it was the cord that I had used to charge (not the cord that came with it) with that was not working. Send their Kindle back. But I am so impressed with their customer service, even though I didn't need it. While I was on the phone they walked me thru an update.

You can bring back your archived books anytime you want them, they stay out there in never-never-land for ever.

galvestonangel 07-11-2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by lorraine43
I love the feel of a real book in my hand as I read. Would I ever get the same feeling from a kindle?

I think so, I feel as if I'm reading a book. Amazon said that was one thing they felt that was important, to make it feel like a book. And if at night you want a new book to read, you have it in less than a minute.

Suse 07-11-2011 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by moooommmmy
I love my Kindle, I would read my Bible on the bus and train on my way to work, and even my small bible was making my purse heavy to carry. Now I have my bible downloaded on to my Kindle so I can read it everyday on my way to work. I can even manage to read while standing up when I don't get a seat. Best things ever.

This is one of the reasons I am looking at getting an e-reader. My Bible is sooo heavy. Glad this thread is posted. i too am trying to decide between a nook and a kindle. I'm leaning toward a Kindle. Is the app for the iphone free? I have to look it up. 8-)

Nanjun 07-11-2011 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
I love, love, love my Kindle! Just finished getting 25 free books on it.

I have been using this Kindle for just over 2 years now and would buy another IMMEDIATELY if it died. *antijinx* That is how much I love it.

And no more large quantities of DUSTY books making me sneeze :-)

I have a kindle and love reading from it.
How did you get 25 free books? I have been ordering my books from Amazon but not for free, lol.

kathome 07-11-2011 08:02 PM

K I N D L E