Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Nostalgia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/nostalgia-t103941.html)

MissM 02-28-2011 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just some thoughts about the good old days. How many of you remember these things? (click on download link to view pics) :D

Nostalgia
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118436[/ATTACH]

mamaw 02-28-2011 06:25 PM

My one piece gym suit was navy, I wore the nylon stockings with the garter, loved my hoola hoop, always chewed teaberry gum and used the wrappers to make the paper chains.
Never owned a 57 Chevy;but still would like to. Had so much fun going to the store and filling a little paper bag with the candy cigarettes, wax pop bottles, and other goodies that were only a penny. Life was great back then, and so were the people in it that are now gone.
Thanks for the memories.

ptquilts 02-28-2011 07:03 PM

I remember most of them, my first nylons needed garters but then pantyhose came along. Candy cigarettes - imagine selling those to kids today?!

trisha 02-28-2011 08:55 PM

Remember those ugly little garter belts? I used to wrap kleenex around the front garter tabs because they pinched my legs. And remember the little fur collars with the little fur balls at the ends. We used to cut them off and stuff them into our undershirts to look like boobs.!!! LOL Yep, unfortunately have seen and done it all!!! Wow,we could go on and on!!!

Qbee 03-01-2011 12:39 AM

I wasn't born until '65 but I remember alot of these. The wax coke bottles and candy cigs were GREAT. I remember green stamps for sure....I helped Mom lick and stick them in the books and it was so fun to look through the book at what we could get. Full service fill ups was the ONLY way to get gas...LOL! And mom would punish us by NOT LETTING US GO OUTSIDE....LOL! Who woud want to stay in the house? Fun memories. Thanks for posting :D

sewingsuz 03-01-2011 12:55 AM

Remember the candy buttons on a long piece of paper about the width of adding machine paper. My first few 45 records to dance to was Rock around the Clock and Chuck Berry. Mabeline- It was a car. My first car was a 49 chevy. I danced the night away. we went to every dance around.

MissM 03-01-2011 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
Remember the candy buttons on a long piece of paper about the width of adding machine paper. My first few 45 records to dance to was Rock around the Clock and Chuck Berry. Mabeline- It was a car. My first car was a 49 chevy. I danced the night away. we went to every dance around.

I never thought about using the balls for boobs...that's just too rich. We used to stuff our bras with tissue for enhancement.
:-D :-D

I did have a 57 Chevy and it was pink..got to love it.

gmaybee 03-02-2011 04:41 PM

Oh the memories.

Willa 03-03-2011 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I remember most of them, my first nylons needed garters but then pantyhose came along. Candy cigarettes - imagine selling those to kids today?!

You can still get those.