Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Not enough time!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/not-enough-time-t168470.html)

michelehuston 11-16-2011 06:06 AM

Not enough time!!

I just need to vent for a couple of seconds...I go to school full time work 20-30 hours a week and don't have to time to even walk into my sewing room! I so need to hide away for a day...anyone have a time machine for rent so I can stop time for say 24 hours? Or maybe I shouldn't sleep and I could have 5 or 6 hours in my room? erggg...so sad! I have much I want to do...ok. Thanks. I feel a little better! This board always brightens my day..ok, my 30 minutes of board time is up..off to class...(still want to be quilting though!)

Abby'smom 11-16-2011 06:20 AM

you sound like a very busy, organized person -- wish I were -- I have plenty of time, but just don't seem to much accomplished and there always seems to be so much that should be done -- hang in there -- sounds like you are doing well!

Becka 11-16-2011 06:42 AM

I'm with you. Single mom, full time job, full-time college class schedule, sunday school teacher and acteens leader... Just keep your eyes on the goal and keep stepping forward. Do schedule "you" time - it's necessary for your mental health. Even if it's just a 1/2 hour a day or whatever. Be intentional with your time and schedule. The day will come when you are able to stop, take a breath and look back, and you will be proud of what you accomplished through your own perseverance and determination. You are woman; you can do this. And know that there is a whole stadium of women cheering you on, doing "the wave" for you as you walk out that door :)

sammy89 11-16-2011 09:56 PM

too bad u dont live in texas you always welcome to stay with me and good german food and cakes

Nanamoms 11-16-2011 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Abby'smom (Post 4685554)
you sound like a very busy, organized person -- wish I were -- I have plenty of time, but just don't seem to much accomplished and there always seems to be so much that should be done -- hang in there -- sounds like you are doing well!

DITTO FOR ME! I was much more organized and accomplished more when I was working 50 hour weeks!!

katesnanna 11-16-2011 10:19 PM

I guess it's a question of priorities. Sounds like you have just about every minute of the day booked for something. I use to be like this and when I complained, my husband said you only get the time you take for yourself. My daughter said "Mum you set too many things to do and not enough time to do them in.
Took a while but I eventually did it and the world didn't come to an end. I know you can't take time from school or job but can someone else cook dinner and do the dishes at least one night a week. Can someone put the clothes on to wash, vacuum the floors, etc., etc. I'm sure even an hour occasionally would be better than nothing.
I wish you well and hope you are able to take some time for yourself.