Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   not such a good morning (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/not-such-good-morning-t84936.html)

ncsewer 12-24-2010 10:55 AM

I got up and started some wash and checked the computer, all is good so far. I forgot that I put water on to boil and suddenly started to smell something. Grabbed the dry pan off the stove just as it was starting to smoke. Thanks goodness no fire anywhere, not sure about using the pan again, I'll scrub it up and see how it looks.

Then I got a pumpkin pie together and was putting it into the pre-heated oven. Somehow I pushed the rack wrong and the front tipped up and the pie filling went all down the back of the oven. I got most of it cleaned up, but there is a vent in the back wall and the pumpkin is in the vent openings. I tried to clean it out and can't get it. There are screws in there, so I'm sure it comes off, but I can't move the stove away from the wall and I think I need to unplug it just to be safe. So I guess that when DH gets home he can help me get it unplugged and take off the vent and clean it.

JJs 12-24-2010 10:59 AM

see you guys should be quilting instead of trying to cook LOL

sewgull 12-24-2010 11:00 AM

I think the Grinch is hiding in your kitchen.
Have a better day, Santa comes tonight.

Merry Christmas

ptquilts 12-24-2010 11:00 AM

or better yet, on the QB.

brushandthimble 12-24-2010 11:01 AM

Sorry for your bad morning, maybe time for a cup of tea and some quilting.

Happy Holiday's!

Quilter7x 12-24-2010 11:04 AM

You didn't really need pumpkin pie for Christmas anyway, right?

I have done the same thing with Farberware pans on the stove - burned two of them up. The bottoms actually separated from the pan. I hope yours is salvageable, but if not, at least it will be easy to get a new one.

This is behind you now, so go have a Merry Christmas!

ncsewer 12-24-2010 11:04 AM

Good idea, except I'm having fun reading and looking at all the fun stuff on here! Maybe time to head to the craft room!

frugalfabrics 12-24-2010 11:09 AM

years from now...you will look back and laugh at these moments. In the big scheme of things, it's not the things that matter, it your family... So glad you have a DH to help you with the moving of the stove.

Have a blessed holiday....and go get yourself a pie at the store..lol.

Naturalmama 12-24-2010 11:11 AM

Oh what an awful mess! I hate having to clean things like that. Hope it's not too difficult to get to. And I've cooked many dry pans before too, so you're not alone there!

KathyAire 12-24-2010 12:06 PM

Oh Man, I have burned up my share of tea kettles and those burner covers. Now, I have a flat stove and don't have to worry about the covers and a whistling tea kettle. It took me a long time to learn.
Merry Christmas.