Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   NOW What Friends? A Job Deliema!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/now-what-friends-job-deliema-t56375.html)

CarrieAnne 07-26-2010 01:27 PM

Well, as you know, the place I worked closed with no warning. I fianlly got hired by Cracker Barrel rest. and start training tomarrow!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!
But, today, JOANNS called and I go for an interview toight. I would LOVE this job, but I am sure its only minimum wage.
I am hoping both jobs will help me work something out so I can do part time BOTH places!
Oh, yeah, CB would be more pay, $2.33 plus tips, but its always busy, so I almost HAVE to take that one!!!!!!!!
UGH!!!!!!!!

raptureready 07-26-2010 01:34 PM

But if you got on part time at Joann's that should be considered a "freebie" job. That way you could spend all the money from it right there. Okay, so it's just a theory... but it's a good one. But just think, you'd have first chance when something was being clearanced.
CB could be a job job where the money went for things that jobs pay for---gas, groceries, rent, utilities, etc.

cherylynne 07-26-2010 01:37 PM

My daughter worked at CB and the tips were great. She did very well.

LovingIzabella 07-26-2010 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Well, as you know, the place I worked closed with no warning. I fianlly got hired by Cracker Barrel rest. and start training tomarrow!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!
But, today, JOANNS called and I go for an interview toight. I would LOVE this job, but I am sure its only minimum wage.
I am hoping both jobs will help me work something out so I can do part time BOTH places!
Oh, yeah, CB would be more pay, $2.33 plus tips, but its always busy, so I almost HAVE to take that one!!!!!!!!
UGH!!!!!!!!

$2.33 an hour plus tips or $2.33 over minimum wage plus tips?
I would try to work both...JoAnns has fabric fabric fabric woohoo :-)
Good luck and let us know what you do!
Hugs
April

CarrieAnne 07-26-2010 01:46 PM

A waitress wage is 2.33 an hour plus tips, lol!!!!!!! When I started 20 years ago, it was 2.13 an hour plus tips. But if youre a good waitress you can really make out well....or if its a slow restauraunt, not so good!

TanyaMas 07-26-2010 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
A waitress wage is 2.33 an hour plus tips, lol!!!!!!! When I started 20 years ago, it was 2.13 an hour plus tips. But if youre a good waitress you can really make out well....or if its a slow restauraunt, not so good!

yes, but good thing is, they are required to make sure you get at least minimum wage :D
A lot places the waitresses make more than anyone else on staff :D

LAQUITA 07-26-2010 01:51 PM

WOW! What an opportunity! I would have to personally NOT consider Joanns, as I WOULD NOT come home with a paycheck!!! ROFLOL

I agree with raptureready.....you need to consider first if you need the MONEY for the bills and survival or are you just looking for a fun & enjoyable job?

Prayng about it would help too! :)
Blessings,
LaQuita

CarrieAnne 07-26-2010 01:52 PM

And Mom and I were talking, and she said, "I wonder if ya get a dicount working there????" LOL, I wouldnt bring HOME much, thats for sure!

littlehud 07-26-2010 02:30 PM

May be you can work it out to work at both. We work our part timers hours around school and second jobs. I sure hope they can.

nativetexan 07-26-2010 02:34 PM

ha, ha.hate to say it but the job at CB is better for you all the way around. you'd end up spending all your earnings at joann's.