Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Now You All Did It. I want white cake, Please! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/now-you-all-did-i-want-white-cake-please-t54937.html)

I go To The Sea To Breathe 07-17-2010 08:47 AM

After looking at recipes for choco cakes, I am so hungry for a white cake recipe that I use to make. It was called a Heritage Recipe, 100 yr old white cake...It was kind of like wedding cake, but so good. Any help out there. This was in South Dakota in one of those small town church cooking books. Thanks

amma 07-17-2010 08:51 AM

I think I know what you are talking about!!! I haven't had one of those cakes in decades!!!
I will be watching to get this recipe too :D:D:D

I go To The Sea To Breathe 07-17-2010 09:49 AM

Thanks so much. I have done a search online and cannot find it. Probably someone with am old cookbook, but I got rid of a lot of mine and the rest are in the attic. May have to make a trip up the ladder. But keep your eyes open. thanks, Jackie

Scissor Queen 07-17-2010 10:48 AM

My great gramma always said a white cake wasn't fit to eat if it didn't fall. I have no idea if that's true or not.

Ditter43 07-17-2010 11:08 AM

After 100 years, wouldn't it be awfully dry? :D tehehe...I couldn't resist! :twisted:

I go To The Sea To Breathe 07-17-2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
My great gramma always said a white cake wasn't fit to eat if it didn't fall. I have no idea if that's true or not.

You know that may be true. This white cake is not a high type cake. Even tho u use what you are suppose to use. I just can't remember. I use to use it for birthdays. It just had a different consistency to it.

I go To The Sea To Breathe 07-17-2010 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
After 100 years, wouldn't it be awfully dry? :D tehehe...I couldn't resist! :twisted:

LOL, Ditter, I think I tubed down the Crystal River with our church group about 20 yrs ago? My Dad lives in Live Oak FL. Are you near there?

Ditter43 07-17-2010 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe

Originally Posted by Ditter43

LOL, Ditter, I think I tubed down the Crystal River with our church group about 20 yrs ago? My Dad lives in Live Oak FL. Are you near there?

No, quite a way south of there....

I go To The Sea To Breathe 07-17-2010 06:18 PM

My folks use to live in Punta Gorda, I liked it down there at least they were near water. But my Dad likes Live )aks and when my Mom died 3 yrs ago, he had my sister and her family that live right there beside his place. Our GKS always said Great GP lives in the jungle. LOL

texas granny 07-17-2010 06:26 PM

I have over 100 cook book I will look for the recipe for you in some of my book. It should be in one or more since I have a lot of the ones from town and churches.
Do you remember if this cake had Buttermilk in it did it have a cream cheese icing. Just a few thing to go by