Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   NYC daughter. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/nyc-daughter-t204842.html)

collady 11-01-2012 02:14 PM

NYC daughter.

I have heard from several friends who were concerned about my daughter who lives in NYC. I should have posted sooner, but as she is okay and had no damage to her home, I didn't. She had lots of rain and wind, but no physical damage. The park near her apartment lost some trees and was flooded. Her lovely dog Parsley was a little unhappy, but otherwise okay. She lives almost to the Bronx on Manhattan Island, as far from the flooding in the Battery as one could get. She was even able to return to her office today to work. Thanks to all you were thanking about her and the millions of others who suffered through Sandy. Let's keep them all in our thoughts and prayers as they try to pick up the pieces of their lives and return to some semblance of normal.

Sunnye 11-01-2012 03:19 PM

She must be near my son!
He returned to work yesterday but spent most of his time in cabs! Very big, cab bill!

quiltingfan 11-01-2012 05:05 PM

good to hear some good news. The news only report the bad..

nycquilter 11-02-2012 03:39 AM

actually, the park the farthest north in Manhattan, Inwood Park, had a lot of storm damage and flooding. We have our best friends (husband, wife, daughter, dog) staying with us because they live on the 12th floor, husband had hip replacement last week, and they still are without power. Life is pretty funny this week because their dog is still a puppy and all he wants to do is play with one of my two dogs!

Jingle 11-02-2012 11:30 AM

I have watched the weather channel the last two nights. I'm sorry for the ones whoo lost so many material things. I'm more sorry for the ones that have lost people. Conditions will be back soon to make getting gasoline and other things back, there was a lot of damages that cannot be fixed overnight. Heard some whiners also. We haven't had anywhere near that kind of storm. We have had power out for a week several times. I'm always thankful for no damage.

patski 11-02-2012 02:11 PM

my son is also in NY, lives in Brooklyn and he was okay but hasn't been able to get to Manhattan to work yet!

mcdaniel023 11-03-2012 03:53 AM

My daughter is also in the city. She is on the upper west side of Manhattan and had no damage. Her roommates family has/had a beach house in Jersey. It was moved about 20 feet and stands in the middle of a street. They are all sad about that but as she says, that is stuff and stuff can be replaced. She works in the bronx (schools) and went back to work yesterday. She has 8 friends staying with her, in her tiny apartment, because they have no power. She made chili and muffins to take to work for co workers without power so they would have a hot meal. She said life in the big city is crazy to say the least.

gollytwo 11-03-2012 04:09 AM

She's near my son and his family too - Inwood. He and his wife were unable to get to work until yesterday.
The Irish Riveria (Breezy Point) and Far Rockaway have been decimated - friends there have lost everything.

JBeamer 11-03-2012 07:58 PM

[...She has 8 friends staying with her, in her tiny apartment, because they have no power. She made chili and muffins to take to work for co workers without power so they would have a hot meal. She said life in the big city is crazy to say the least.QUOTE]
What a nice , kind daughter you have. She must have a nice, kind family for a good example. I've heard many stories about the knidness shown to the people affected by Sandy. Good to know the goodness in people is being reported too. Not just bad things. Prayers from our family to all of those affected.