Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   O.K. I Can't Stand it Anymore..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/o-k-i-cant-stand-anymore-t135583.html)

Doreen 07-07-2011 09:56 AM

I try to devote 1 day to cleaning and yes, dusting! My husband does mopping and vacuuming. I can't do heavy stuff like that. Sometimes I cook more than 1 days meals and frees me up for quiltng. What I don't like is keeping up with paper work. I have all monthly bills paid by my computer. I've been retired for 6 years and finally finished amost of my UFO's.

quilter68 07-07-2011 04:49 PM

It all needs doing, now and you are making me feel guilty. Sometimes I do downstairs one week and upstairs the next week.

Right now I have about six tops from BOM sitting around the Living and Dining room. I have a room upstairs but like to be on the first floor. Oh Well!

luckylindy333 07-07-2011 04:53 PM

We have two really good women who come in a do the floors and dust every two weeks. I do my own laundry, DH does his own. There are three of us who share the cooking. I work full time, try to carve out an hour every weekday and the weekends for sewing...

Stitchit123 07-07-2011 06:10 PM

Lets see --I don't have a pool -did not plant any gardens this year-I only do dishes when theres nothing clean to cook in or eat off of and I've run out of can fruit-and the only time I clean house is if one of the critters hasn't been seen lately :lol: You just have to get your priorities right--OH and if you share your home with whiners get ya one of those big-o-rolls of duct tape this usually shuts them up.. AND NEVER hire a maid You'll only have to clean before she gets there and then your whole routine is screwed up. This has been Lesson #1 in How to Find Time to Quilt :lol: :lol:

gypsyquilter 07-07-2011 06:17 PM

time? ha, funny! my baby is almost 21 and is a proud member of the armed services, my other baby is 17 and for some reason would rather be with his friends than with me. hubby works nights and sometimes over the weekends, so, its me, the 5 pets and my machine and my fabric, and various take out menus to keep me nourished :-)

C.Cal Quilt Girl 07-07-2011 06:29 PM

Some of these are too funny thanks for the laughs.... make time for what you want. different situations allow different things... Have fun at whatever it is. Clean house or Quilt, course I want pretty, not so much detail on the fun stuff... that's what works for;)

debcavan 07-07-2011 06:30 PM

Those are not weeds, those are companion flowers. And dust is a protective covering.

craftymatt2 07-07-2011 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
We are all independantly wealthy. Aren't YOU?!?!?! I don't know how you people slip through the screening process to get onto this board. Seriously!!!!!!

Oh My, I didn't know there was a screening process, oh, i must have been cleaning. lol

HEHEHEHEHEHE

DogHouseMom 07-07-2011 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by rexie
How do you all get so much done? The quilts you show are so detailed and show lots of hours. I have to cook, clean house, do laundry, do the shopping, clean the pool, can from my garden, pull weeds from flower beds..etc. So do you have maids? Friends that come in and do this stuff for you? How do you do it?

dittto most of those chores except pool and canning ... But add a full time job, ownership of a business, breeding/showing dogs, and heavy involvement in the dog club. I look at some of these folks that show a completed quilt and say "look what I made this weekend"!! Weekend???

I am also a slow process quilter. I take lots of time thinking about the pattern, fabric, colors etc. I also take time to practice new techniques before putting them to a project.

I look forward to retirement!!

OHSue 07-07-2011 09:47 PM

Cleaning..... you are sooo funny..... what is this cleaning thing you speak of???