Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/oct-2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-winner-createfourpaws-t156684.html)

Beachbound 10-11-2011 05:20 AM

Taboo Tuesday!!!! Thanks to Pam H for this suggestion; no soda, diet or regular this week! Ladies this is one we can do! I enjoy my diet coke but I promise to drink water or crystal light this week. I confess that I did not do well last week~ no gold star for me but here we go...a brand new week!

Beachbound 10-11-2011 05:22 AM

Lynne, your quilt is stunning!! Thanks so much for showing it to us. How in the world did you manage to make that in an RV!!!

Xylie, thanks for your story. It does help to hear sucess & encoragement.

Pam, how is Kelsey doing now that she is home?

irishrose 10-11-2011 06:03 AM

Dody, be prepared to duck on this one. They'll be throwing their cybernet cans and bottles at you. It's a tough one. I've been off the stuff for 17 years and I still want a Coke when it's hot or when I'm tired. I don't drink Crystal Light, so it's water for me. Cherry concentrate to dress it up will do. I can go out and pick some fresh mint, too, and there's always lemon.

I didn't make last week. All the way to 3:00 this morning and then I had my first unplanned snack in a week. Dumb time to eat anything. It relates back to being overtired. Next time I'll make the supreme effort and go to bed. Thank you for an enlightening week - I learned I can go without extra snacks.

purplemem 10-11-2011 06:06 AM

Good morning!
Whatever the anesthesiologist gave me on Friday for the double cath worked great! It worked all weekend! I have slept hours and hours, like 15 or more hours a day. And naps!

I am feeling better and have started my walking. Irish, I plan my walks so that I don't get "stuck". Walking to my car is much more than 10 feet so I add the feet to that. Now I am up to 40 feet...plus the walk to the car. It wears me out!

I've missed you all and will check in, but for now I'm just resting, resting, resting and did I say? resting?

Murphy1 10-11-2011 06:58 AM

My sister was that way. And if she had to be in a picture, she wouldn't smile. So she passed away at 56 and my niece has very few pictures of her mom. She on the other hand takes pictures of her husband, toddler and herself probably weekly and posts them on FB.

Originally Posted by Beachbound

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Eeeew.... I love seeing pics of all of you but I am the queen of avoiding pictures, although the last ones I saw of myself are the ones that helped me finally start doing something about this wieght! hmmm I will have to think on that and muster up some courage.

I was the same way...to the point of stopping my dh from taking any pictures. Then I noticed that there ae no pictures of me with my grandbabies. Years & years from now they won't remember all of the fun times we had without pictures. I am sorry I did that & will try to be better & just smile. So I am not perfect...wow, what a shocker, huh? :roll:

JHolm 10-11-2011 07:07 AM

Hi everyone! I just got home from the endocrinologist. She's running a whole bunch more blood tests (fasting - wants them taken at 7 a.m.). I don't mind the 7a.m. because I'm up at 3:30 anyway but not being able to drink anything but plain old water really drives me crazy. She did say the sometimes people that have had stomach stapling surgery stop processing food normally and cause things to slow down which causes low blood sugar. There is a pill for that. So now we are waiting for the blood tests which I'll get tomorrow morning and she wants to see how the topomax acts on the symptoms (that's the med that the neurologist gave me). So it will probably be two to three weeks before I know anything. In the mean time I have to take a blood sugar level every morning when I get up so it's a fasting and then take one every time I have hypoglycemic symptoms. At least it seems that the docs are working together to mutually try to figure out what's going on with me. Oh, I didn't like her scale - it weighed 2 lbs. heavier then mine does. Not funny!

Well everyone have a nice day. Put my name on the list for places that our home repair board members are going. Just think of how much of the country they'll see!

Haven't heard from MJ or Missy - is everything all right with you two?

irishrose 10-11-2011 08:16 AM

Hello, Jeanne, it sounds like you are headed in the right direction with this new doctor. Were you able to go to your water aerobics yesterday?

MJ, welcome back to the wide awake world. You needed the rest.

bjeriann 10-11-2011 08:35 AM

I was wondering what kind of vitamins do you take. I take a multi-vitamin, calcium citrate + D, CoQ 10, Glucosomin, B12, and D-3. I have a problem keeping my Vitamin D level up to were it needs to be. As long as I stay on my food plan and do my exercises ( 15 mins. 4 times a day on the elliptical machine) I lose really good. My main problem is the late night snacks. If I want something late I have to eat an apple or veggies of some sort. Once I give in to the sweets, it takes me a few days to get back on track. It's like Oh well I blew it, so what does it matter. I have to get past it.
Last month my Doctor passed away, I was so shocked. She was only 52. It was a massive heart attack. They are closing the practice. Now I have to find a new Doctor. That scares me. The ones that they suggested are at one of the walk in clinics. I'll meet with them next Tuesday.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Pam 304 10-11-2011 09:08 AM

Diet CokeŽ
Great Taste. 0 Calories. Stay Extraordinary.

DietCoke.com

Wow did anyone else have that add on the board. It was right below the last post. My luck bet it will be there all week. LOL LOL

Beachbound 10-11-2011 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Dody, be prepared to duck on this one. They'll be throwing their cybernet cans and bottles at you. It's a tough one. I've been off the stuff for 17 years and I still want a Coke when it's hot or when I'm tired. I don't drink Crystal Light, so it's water for me. Cherry concentrate to dress it up will do. I can go out and pick some fresh mint, too, and there's always lemon.

I didn't make last week. All the way to 3:00 this morning and then I had my first unplanned snack in a week. Dumb time to eat anything. It relates back to being overtired. Next time I'll make the supreme effort and go to bed. Thank you for an enlightening week - I learned I can go without extra snacks.

HAHAHA!! I know sodas are addictive! My daughter could not even give them up when she was pregnant & the dr told her too. Ok~ if ya can't go cold turkey give up at least 1 a day! ;-)

If you only had 1 snack all week I will still give you a gold star! Way to go!!!! It's amazing what we can do! When I was on Weight Watchers the leader told us to always find something GOOD about what we did that day. If the best you could come up with was that you didn't tip the potato chip bag up to your mouth to get every crumb after you finished the whole bag...well, celebrate that! I love that; we need to celebrate whatever good we manage & forget the slips. Hard, huh?