Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   October? Really?! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/october-really-t164224.html)

Kooklabell 10-29-2011 01:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just can't believe this. I don't remember ever having snow before Halloween. And its not even a dusting! My poor trees are coming down :( :thumbdown:

tuesy 10-29-2011 01:42 PM

Oooh noooo!! Way to early in my book! Of course I don't like snow, so anytime with snow is to early...

QuiltnNan 10-29-2011 01:42 PM

ouch on the tree.

KGoodhand 10-29-2011 01:44 PM

I don't mean to sound rude but please keep it to yourself!!! I don't have any yet and I am really NOT ready for it!!!!

Kooklabell 10-29-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
I don't mean to sound rude but please keep it to yourself!!! I don't have any yet and I am really NOT ready for it!!!!

I'm not ready either! The leaves are under all that snow! I didn't even have a chance to rake this year LOL My brain keeps trying to tell me its December! I was just at the beach two weeks ago in shorts and a tee shirt! It was 85 degrees.

Lisanne 10-29-2011 02:11 PM

I love all these photos!

I do remember light snows happening in late October in the Detroit area when I was growing up (1960s - '70s).

May in Jersey 10-29-2011 02:12 PM

We live close to the ocean and we usually don't get too much snow so I was so surprised that we have almost an inch of snow on our deck. Been raining heavily all day with some wet snow now and again but if it keeps up we'll have a Winter scene like yours in the morning.

Cable TV is out, message on screen said to call them and when DH did the message was thanks for calling but we can't take your call right now so their lines must be down somewhere. Better get the candles and flashlights out just in case the power lines go down. If I have to sit in the dark all night with nothing to do I bet all our Halloween candy will be gone before morning. :oops: May in Jersey

Murphy 10-29-2011 02:27 PM

Nature's cosmic joke!! Perhaps it will melt away and you will still have a nice indian summer; one can only hope.

Kooklabell 10-29-2011 02:31 PM

Update ---- Our poor tree has lost one of the major branches. It wasn't even the one I expected to go. Looks like we may have to take the tree down after this storm. I'm so depressed. At least we still have power, my sister has been without power since early this afternoon. I expect we'll lose it sometime tonight - the lights keep flickering.

Boy, Irene, Lee and now a noreaster in October - what a year!

Quiltinggma-nc 10-29-2011 02:57 PM

I agree October is too early for snow. Actually anytime is too early for snow. That is part of why I moved south to avoid it as much as possible. Back when my son was little we had heavy snow like that for Halloween night. What a mess it was to trick or treat in. Hope no damage happens to your trees and your lights stay on.