Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   OK, now I know I am going crazy. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ok-now-i-know-i-am-going-crazy-t154329.html)

ptquilts 09-20-2011 04:00 AM

I get it about people losing a package of rotary cutter blades or whatever in their sewing room.
I got a really nice small oval quilting hoop, about 18" long, about a month ago at a free swap place. I know it was small because I also got a large one,24", the size I usually hand quilt on. I thought, GREAT, this will be perfect for wall quilts.
So I got a customer's wall quilt that I need to quilt, do you think I can find that small hoop? NO - I tore apart the sewing room, found I have FOUR large oval hoops and 3 round ones, no sign of the one I want. Looked under and behind all the furniture, looked everywhere I could think of. We are talking about a 4 room, 700 sq. ft. house, not like there are a lot of places it could hide.

I am convinced that Emily, our resident spirit, is hiding it on me. She is rather mischievous.

PegD 09-20-2011 04:07 AM

Maybe if you talk real nice to her, she will put it where you can find it.

katier825 09-20-2011 04:09 AM

If you go buy a new one, the old one will show up promptly!

hudgoddess 09-20-2011 04:12 AM

Do you have a bad kitty who helped you by putting it away in a nice safe spot?

QuiltingKrazy 09-20-2011 04:13 AM

Maybe Emily is wanting a quilt of her own! lol
Good Luck finding it!

quiltinghere 09-20-2011 04:21 AM

ROFL and I thought I was the only one loosing things....:)

Hope it shows up sooner than later.

susie0808 09-20-2011 04:22 AM

OR....Maybe Emily is hiding it! Wanting you to take a break! Maybe slow down alittle!

Good Luck!

RenaB 09-20-2011 04:29 AM

I am sure it will be in the last place you look. ;)

Honeynga 09-20-2011 04:35 AM

I had a similar experience but not with a quilting hoop. My daughter gave me a cook book for Christmas.....shortly after Christmas I moved from the midwest to Ga; when I finally got my apartment and things sorted I got to looking for THAT cook book.....looked everywhere, went through everything.....called relatives whom I had been staying with until apt ready, nope, they hadn't seen it.

I thought I too had lost my mind. Finally confessed to daughter that I had lost the Christmas cookbook, which I named......her reply was, Mom, I didn't give you that book I gave you thus and so......oh.....the book that she had given me was sitting in my cookbook "rack" opened to a page that I had been using........In my mind I was absolutely sure she had given me another book..........

ptquilts 09-20-2011 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by hudgoddess
Do you have a bad kitty who helped you by putting it away in a nice safe spot?

If I had a kitty who could hide an 18" hoop, I would be backing out of the house slowly, saying, "nice kitty, nice kitty...":shock:

No, no cat or dog. I have asked Emily nicely to bring it back. Maybe I will just give up and have the sewing room lined with foam rubber and have myself locked in....