Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Online Pharmacies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/online-pharmacies-t278184.html)

Misty's Mom 04-29-2016 07:16 AM

Online Pharmacies

Has anyone ever ordered from one not located in the US?

ManiacQuilter2 04-29-2016 07:17 AM

No, I would be too worried about the quality of the drugs.

tessagin 04-29-2016 07:20 AM

I just go to Walmart. Nearly in my backyard.

Misty's Mom 04-29-2016 09:45 AM

I asked this question for my girlfriend. We are very happy with our prescription service.

nativetexan 04-29-2016 12:30 PM

oh my friend in Texas seems to do that. confusing to talk to her so i don't know details. Canada is where she gets them I think.

farmquilter 04-30-2016 04:38 AM

I would be afraid to use foreign pharmacies, a lot of our generic drugs come from abroad. WAY too many problems with the purity of what they put in them.
I had to switch my only Rx to a U.S. made because of problems with a generic. My heart Dr. wrote a note to my family Dr., he did not see any reason a generic drug could cause an allergy for me. I have stopped going to that Dr and have a younger one who knows about the problems with off shore drugs. The symptoms have totally cleared up since taking the U.S. product Atenolol.
Jan

lclang 04-30-2016 04:52 AM

Yes, There is a list of approved pharmacies on the internet. I get pills I order from Canada that cost about a dollar that cost 8.00 here at Walmart, and that's for each pill. I have ordered from Canada for years with no problems whatsoever.

Dodie 04-30-2016 06:10 AM

I to have ordered from Canada and also gotten meds in Mexico have done this for years and no problem my doctor told me there are only so many manufacturing places in the world and they are all made in the same places if the U.S. pharmacys were not controlled by special interest groups we would not have to do this as I could never afford my meds if I had to buy them here just look at the trouble in the U.S. with their food and meds I would not worry about quality at all

AZ Jane 04-30-2016 06:21 AM

U.S. pharmacies also have their problems. It's not so much the pharmacies but the approvals given by the FDC. Note all the commercials on TV from lawyers about one drug or another!! You would think if something has been approved by the FDC it wouldn't kill you. Exactly what are they doing anyway??

angelmama22 04-30-2016 08:53 AM

My doctor actually suggested using a Canadian pharmacy when I was looking for lower cost drugs. She said that the Canadian pharmacies are just as strict, if not even stricter than the US, in their regulation of drugs and drug ingredients. I didn't use them because I needed the drug right away and couldn't wait for the out-of-country processing. I've found that Walmart seems to have the cheapest drugs around here -- even cheaper than Costco, where I was previously getting them. AND - the Walmart pharmacists are very knowledgeable and helpful and courteous when it comes to getting questions answered. I had to have surgery a few years ago, and since I am allergic to many pain meds, I had to have a long discussion with the pharmacist to decide what drug to tell my doctor I could take after the surgery. It all worked out perfectly for me due to the pharmacist's knowledge about "minor" ingredients in some of the pain meds.