Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Opps, I did it again... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/opps-i-did-again-t56544.html)

CarrieAnne 07-28-2010 03:44 AM

Dotty, try taking out the battery and putting both in a bowl of rice, totally covered for overnight!
Clark Howard, the finance guy swearsby this, mst cell phones work after this....according to Clark!

dotcomdtcm 07-28-2010 04:25 AM

I will try. Well if no one calls me, I have more time to quilt!

patricej 07-28-2010 04:27 AM

After drowning two very expensive phones in a row, i got a Samsung Rugby. it's supposed to be waterproof.

i hope i never have to find out. :lol:

reach for the stars 2 07-28-2010 05:01 AM

Oh no I don't think there is a fix for that.

redkimba 07-28-2010 05:50 AM

Just try to remember & check all of your pants pockets before washing them.

I do that & have found all sorts of stuff (before and after washing).

ksea 07-28-2010 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Dotty, try taking out the battery and putting both in a bowl of rice, totally covered for overnight!
Clark Howard, the finance guy swearsby this, mst cell phones work after this....according to Clark!

I dropped then kicked my phone across the parking lot at school and it landed in a big puddle. I didn't have insurance on it and a friend of mine is a Verizon manager and she told me about the seal in a bowl of rice and it really did work.

Tink's Mom 07-28-2010 05:59 AM

I have ALMOST washed my husbands a couple of times...but the good thing about going thru his pockets....all that lovely change that he doesn't miss or get back...(I consider it my fee for going thru his pockets before doing laundry)

Suzanne57 07-28-2010 06:12 AM

One day at work, I had my phone in my pants' backpocket and you guessed it! It fell in the toilet when I pulled them back up. It was an autoflush type and I had to grab it quick. Yuck! Luckily I did have insurance on it but it still took over a week to get the replacement. Since it's my only phone, that was a long week. Now, the contract is up so I dropped the insurance. If anything happens, I just renew the contract and get a new phone. Saves me $7 per month.

Mimito2 07-28-2010 07:57 AM

I constantly drop mine so my tech savy son told me to IMMEDIATELY take out the battery and wipe it down to make sure it is not damp. Place it in a ziploc bag wrapped in a dry paper towel, put it where you won't forget where it is at :>). To dry the phone:
Place the phone with battery casing off and battery opening facing upward on the top of a lampshade. Make sure the lamp has a low wattage bulb. Turn on the lamp and turn the phone over every hour or so. Be patient, I have sometimes waited 24 hours before putting the battery back in. The warmth from the lamp will evaporate the water from the inside of the phone. When you have had it lying screen up for at least an hour and there is no humidity on the lcd screen it should be dry. I have had to do this to my Blackberry several times....Good Luck!

Luckynumber7 07-28-2010 08:09 AM

That's a bummer. I'll have to keep those tips in mind in case mine ever gets wet. I've never washed my phone before, but my brother left a pen in his pocket once... and it was discovered AFTER the load was dried. So there were ink spots on some of my clothes :roll: