Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Oprah, Monique and her brother -!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/oprah-monique-her-brother-t43249.html)

amandasgramma 04-19-2010 12:59 PM

I don't normally watch Oprah....something about her personality rubs me wrong. But the commercials have been showing that a Monique's brother is going to be on and admits to molesting her....and the ads show Oprah really nailing him (good for her). But here's my question --- do YOU really want to see this type of show??? What's the point???? And the parents are in the audience....OMG - can you imagine!!!

Is it just me --- or is this going too far?

Lisa 04-19-2010 01:03 PM

Sounds like there is still some dysfunction going on with that one. (Glad they are dealing with it open and honestly but I don't know it needs to be done on national TV.

CraftsByRobin 04-19-2010 01:15 PM

umm no ... not something I would want to see ... just gets me angry and makes my blood boil!

Chasing Hawk 04-19-2010 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa
Sounds like there is still some dysfunction going on with that one. (Glad they are dealing with it open and honestly but I don't know it needs to be done on national TV.

Agreed,

do we really need to see or hear any of the gory details? Why do they need to air this in public? For publicity I guess, wouldn't be easier to throw their cell phone at someone or have a wardrobe malfunction?

vjengels 04-19-2010 01:25 PM

I never watched Oprah; but I did admire her for getting success, respect, fame, etc, etc, until,.... I saw her in a clip where she was doing one of those 'rope courses' where you test your self, therefore gain confidence etc, etc,.... she was yelling at the top of her voice that the harness was' hurting her v-j-jay!!!!!' I lost all respect for her right there.... Okay, we're all grown women.. why do we insist on calling our body parts by cutesy names outside of the bedroom? I'm going to say it out loud, so, if you need to cover your ears...... vagina. there, no one fainted, right?

lfw045 04-19-2010 01:28 PM

I turned it off. Most of the time Oprah has some decent shows but this is her last season and it seems that "anything goes". I haven't watched so much because of it and I certainly don't think it is the way to "go out".

Marjpf 04-19-2010 01:28 PM

I think that kind of information is for the courts to hear. I think they are airing it just for the publicity.

amma 04-19-2010 01:35 PM

I am all for publicity to bring previously hidden issues, but I don't think we need to air on tv all of the intimate details. But as long as they have enough viewers, they will contiune to air them, and get more graffic too. :roll: I just wish they would keep it to late night tv....

Darlene 04-19-2010 01:41 PM

The reason Oprah showed this is because the brother always denied hurting his sister. I personally can't stand Mon'que but I am sorry this happened to her.

sharon b 04-19-2010 02:13 PM

One word---- RATINGS ------ As long as people watch they will air it, but I won't be watching