Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   ordering on line (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ordering-line-t52143.html)

dar627742 06-30-2010 05:17 PM

when igot my first computed,my gson said i'd be so happy 'cause i could do all this shopping!told him i'd never do that , i absolutely HATE to shop.well.....shopping on line is GREAT!don't have to get dressed,go from store to store etc!but the best part is the speed!!!!i have ordered things & got them in 2 days ! just ordered the double diamond ruler sat.nite & it came yesterday morning.usually only order when free shipping,but w/the cost of gas,sometimes shipping's cheaper.have never ordered fabric[yet!] but have been very happy w/alli've gotten.now if i could order groceries,i'd never have to shop again !lol

brushandthimble 06-30-2010 05:19 PM

In my area you can order groceries on line :lol: :lol:
company called PeaPod, not cheap but it works for some, NOT ME.

Fiber Artist 06-30-2010 05:24 PM

there are many stores hare to order from,it just seems like I need to pick out what I'm eating.

SuziC 06-30-2010 05:52 PM

You are so lucky..i would love to be able to do that. I hate grocery shopping! Pea Pod is a very cute name

amandasgramma 06-30-2010 06:09 PM

Yip - can stay in your PJs!!! I hadn't ordered online years ago and got up at 4:30 on the morning after Thanksgiving, went to Circuit City to get a DVD player that was on sale for an outstanding price. Got there at 6:00....the line was going around the building twice!!!!! ARRRRGH! I don't stand in line well. On my way home, without standing in line, I heard an ad on the radio for Circuit City saying you can order online!!!!! Went home, got their website, found the DVD player....SAME price as the sale price!!!! Ordered, had it delivered to the store. They said it would be there in 15 minutes!!!! I drove back to the store 2 hours later, walked in the door, and was out in 10 minutes with the DVD player. I'm a BIG fan of online shopping!! :thumbup:

sueisallaboutquilts 06-30-2010 07:42 PM

About the only store I go to these days is CVS and Starbucks :D
My husband LOVES to grocery shop. Yippee!!!!!!!
I love online shopping and yes, it can be cheaper even with shipping charges. One of my favs is Zappos. They have free ship and free return ship!!

lilpoohbearie 06-30-2010 07:45 PM

I love to order fabric online my favorite so far is ebay. I have received some of the most beautiful fabric for pennies.

littlehud 06-30-2010 08:45 PM

Two years ago I would have never ordered anything on line. Now I love Ebay and order fabric all the time on line. It's just great.

brushandthimble 07-01-2010 05:07 AM

bad experience with cheap quality fabric ordered on, now if I don't the quality the online place ships no order from me. I like to handle fabric before I buy.

granniebj 07-01-2010 05:38 AM

I would love to order online! My DH checks the bank statements to make sure I'm not ordering quilt stuff on line. If I do splurge on alittle fabric I do it out of my grocery money and just say groceries cost me $15 more then it really did. Sad I know. I'm soo bad! He would have a double fit if I paid for shipping!