Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Other Crafts/Arts Besides Quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/other-crafts-arts-besides-quilting-t98310.html)

GrandmaJeanne 02-09-2011 07:54 PM

My crafting interests other than quilting, is scrapbooking, cardmaking, crocheting, and cross-stitching, and I am a big baker in the kitchen. I also like to mess around in the garden with flowers, (tho I'm not that good at it)but never giving up.

dflynn 02-09-2011 08:18 PM

crochet

Jim 02-09-2011 08:19 PM

I was an art major for awhile in college so I've done most crafts...drawing, painting, needlework, photography, making cards. I even worked part time (while also holding down a full time Job) in a ceramic shop and also a framing gallery. I now cut fabric for my MIL and lots of her senior friends, make some charity quilts and do some outside business making lots of memory quilts and enjoy learning as much as possible as possible about quilting

Love angels 02-09-2011 09:56 PM

Mine are scrapbooking, mini books, card making,sewing, crochet, beading, just now getting back into quilting. I organize a monthly crafting event every month. It started out being just scrapbookers. Now 5 1/2 years later it is, scrapbookers, card makers, quilters, beaders, crochet. It's fun to see what everyone is working on from month to month.

horseowner 02-09-2011 09:59 PM

Hi--I am Jacki/Jocelyn/JJ! Definitely a "Jacki of All Trades"--worked as a florist, doing fresh and dried arrangements, garment sewing, a few quilts so far, scrapbook and card-making, needlepoint and embroidery, including crewel work embroidery, painting, drawing, photography, whew, I'm getting tired here--also like to play around with piano, guitar, dogs, and of course, my horse--so glad I am not the only one who loves it all! Also formed a knitting group that meets once week--still a beginner, tho. Had to get a remedial knitting book and back up to the beginning again. Not a naturl knitter, but its a great support group.

Anne P 02-09-2011 10:19 PM

I knit, sew clothing and household items, and garden. I have houseplants as well as "yard" plants, flowers and vegetables. There are other needlework hobbies like crochet, needlepoint, Jocobean embroidery, and tole painting. I also love watching football and baseball on TV, if you could call that a hobby:). Reading mysteries is another activity I like.
I have to say, though, that quilting is my favorite.

bakermom 02-10-2011 01:06 AM

Knitting, crocheting, English smocking. used to do quite a bit of garment sewing but not much anymore. any i do now is for GKs.

rutthy 02-10-2011 03:21 AM

Mine are Machine embroidery and ceramic painting

teacherbailey 02-10-2011 03:26 AM

I do cross stitch, mosiac stepping stones, cake decorating, anything new to come along, pottery, and I'm learning to knit. Right now it's soooo slow!!!!!

kathome 02-10-2011 03:55 AM

Crochet every day.