Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Our Boston/New England members (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/our-boston-new-england-members-t213237.html)

Jan in VA 02-07-2013 03:42 PM

Our Boston/New England members

The weather news we're hearing for you all is frightening! Can you get out of town? Please be safe and warm for the duration of this coming blizzard; and be sure to check in with us all when you can. We worry!

Jan in VA, where we'll probably only get rain

Central Ohio Quilter 02-07-2013 05:47 PM

Yea, we are thinking of all of you in New England, New York, New Jersey and PA, and where ever anyone else is getting the big snowstorm! Stay safe! When you can, please send us pics of your snow, and let us know how you are doing!

I agree with Jan! We are worrying about you!

lots2do 02-08-2013 04:34 AM

We are hunkered down up here. The snow has started and we could get a ton of snow. We typically don't lose the power so am hopeful about that but with so much wind and snow, who knows. I really feel for the people hit by Sandy. They really deserve some kind of a break.

nygal 02-08-2013 04:36 AM

Thank you. We are not getting out of town. We are prepared with food, batteries etc. if need be.

Nantie 02-08-2013 04:42 AM

Thank you all for the concern, this weather is what it is about to live in New England. I'm sure we will be fine and if the power stays on i plan on spending some serious time in my sewing room

thequilteddove 02-08-2013 04:47 AM

Oh no worries! Snow day = sew day!

DJinSC 02-08-2013 06:46 AM

Yes, please let us know what comes out of this. I'm originally from upstate New York, so am familiar with snowstorms but this one sounds like a doozy. We only had cold rain yesterday as it moved up your way. Stay safe and warm!

parrynj 02-08-2013 06:53 AM

Food in the fridge, two wood stoves and a generator. New Englanders are a hardy bunch...more excited than worried about the storm. I plan on sewing today while watching the snow come down (It's already started) and if worse comes to worse, I can sew on my treadle or handcrank machines.

islandwiz1 02-08-2013 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 5845742)
The weather news we're hearing for you all is frightening! Can you get out of town? Please be safe and warm for the duration of this coming blizzard; and be sure to check in with us all when you can. We worry!

Jan in VA, where we'll probably only get rain

I live in Rhode Island. Because they will able to predict Nemo (blizzard) we got prepared early. The gas stations were very busy. I went food shopping on Wednesday and they were already out of bread and milk. I found another store that had some. I love the snow but hate when the power goes out, no sewing on my machine and also no heat. Everyone please stay warm and safe during this Blizzard. People in Texas keep your radios on for the tornatoes that are around your area. Will try to keep everyone informed of the storm here. Just starting to snow hard but I am home and safe.

Oistin 02-08-2013 07:17 AM

We are getting ready.The schools have all been cancelled. I had a friend coming in from Barbados to spend 10 days with us today Friday but the airlines called and cancelled the Miami to Boston leg of the trip. I was hoping she would have made it by the time the storm hit . She would have been fascinated with the storm ,so they rebooked her for Monday with no charges for changing.( At least they have a little bit of heart LOL). Better safe than sorry!