Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   To our St. Louis, Mo. Board Members (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/our-st-louis-mo-board-members-t118471.html)

lighthouse 04-24-2011 09:52 AM

I hope that no one from the Quilting Board or their families were affected by the latest Twister in St. Louis. My family lives a mile away from the airport, but thank goodness everyone is OK. I also found out that my nephew was driving on highway 70, which is the highway that goes by the airport, right before the twister knocked over the 3 tractor trailer trucks on that highway. The building that my brother-in-law works in is no longer standing. Since the twister hit St. Louis around 8:10 p.m. no one was located inside the building.
Hope everyone is having a great Easter with their familes :-D

suebee 04-24-2011 10:58 AM

Glad to hear your family is safe. Thinking of you all!

craftybear 04-24-2011 01:00 PM

Hope everyone is okay, I just saw that on the news last night about the twister in St. Louis

dasmith2 04-24-2011 02:07 PM

I live in highland il. we were fine where we were. About 5 miles from me,St. Rose il was hit very hard, people cant believe how bad. Its not showing that area on the news much though

lighthouse 04-25-2011 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by dasmith2
I live in highland il. we were fine where we were. About 5 miles from me,St. Rose il was hit very hard, people cant believe how bad. Its not showing that area on the news much though

I'm glad that you and your family are OK. I did not hear anything on the news about St Rose, Ill. I hope the people that are located in St. Rose survived the twister. How much damage was there?

grayma 04-25-2011 04:39 AM

I am so glad that you are okay. More storms predicted for today/tonight. I hope they are not severe. Those that are still sifting through the devastation trying to find some of their belongings do not need this. My prayers for everyone.

dasmith2 04-25-2011 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by lighthouse

Originally Posted by dasmith2

I'm glad that you and your family are OK. I did not hear anything on the news about St Rose, Ill. I hope the people that are located in St. Rose survived the twister. How much damage was there?

Everyone survived. Lots of barns, farm buildings destroyed. Damaged some homes. I guess one couple was trapped in their basement after the roof collapsed. Physically i guess they are ok. Must have been terrifying for them all.

dasmith2 04-25-2011 06:59 AM

It was the road between Highland and St. Rose. It was bad enough, but would have been worse if it was less rural

TootieAnn 04-25-2011 07:31 AM

I saw pictures of the damage in St. Louis in the Raleigh paper yesterday. Praying for the people involved. Lots of damage in Raleigh from Apr. 16 tornado. Very close to my family's homes (parents and extended family members) but thankfully no damage to them. Lots of folks will be displaced for some time though. Homes and businesses were destroyed. Some covered by insurance, but many were not. They really do need our prayers. Thankfully many people came out this past Sat (Apr 23) to help with clean-up.

lighthouse 04-25-2011 12:14 PM

I heard that Ark. is due for multiple twisters today. I cannot believe the amount of unpredictable storms that the United States is having this year. I do pray for everyone involved. Stay Safe :-)