Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Out of Floor Soap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/out-floor-soap-t47949.html)

trueimage 06-01-2010 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Thats cool! It is weird, but cool. Whats colloidal silver water?

Silver is a natural antibiotic that is said to kill micro-organisms within 6 minutes or less (BACTERIA, VIRUSES, FUNGUS, ETC). Using a colloidal silver generator, distilled water, and .9999 pure silver wire, I process the water for several hours (depending upon how much I'm making) until it reaches the desired ppms (particles per million). My friend cured her puppies of parvo with it after one had died and the other two were very sick. We've used it for colds and stomache viruses, etc. I spray it on my counters and use it to disinfect just about everything. Once a month I soak a tampon in it to.....well you know...douching is bad for you and silver does not kill good bacteria. I also make it into a gel and use it as an antibacterial ointment. My daughter uses it on her pimples and it's a wonder ointment for that! My dad is elderly and his skin tears like tissure paper so I'm constantly doctoring his wounds with it. Oh! He also has toenail fungus and we've been applying it to his toenails and it appears that his yucky toenail is going to fall off and there's a new nail underneath. Rumor has it that colloidal silver can cure herpes, hepatitis, cancer, and even AIDS. I can not testify to that though. In old times, the wealthy ate off silver plates with silver forks and spoons (silverware) and were always healthier than poor people. In the old Roman armies, the officers drank from silver canteens and were seldom sick while the infantries drank from wooden canteens and were subject to many diseases and often died from them too. I gal I worked with used it on her brand new tattoo and it healed without ever scabbing or anything. I could go on and on...and often do...but you get the idea. Colloidal silver MUST be made from distilled water and ONLY pure silver wire. .999 is ok but .9999 is best.

trueimage 06-01-2010 07:23 PM

Oh yeah! In burn wards in hospitals, they use silver on the burns because of its antibacterial/antibiotic attributes as well as helping skin to regenerate.

craftybear 06-01-2010 07:34 PM

that would be a good idea

Thanks! I'll try those out! Maybe we should start a thread on home remedies, from cleaning products to getting out the bug bites.

Alu_Rathbone 06-01-2010 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by trueimage

Oh yeah! In burn wards in hospitals, they use silver on the burns because of its antibacterial/antibiotic attributes as well as helping skin to regenerate.

I wish I would have known about that when I burned myself in 2008 with a pyrex dish... I went to the er... but it was only 1st and 2nd degree burns... the doctor said had I left it on my arm 2 seconds more there would have been 3rd degree burns, and then they'd have to admit me... it was such a small section too! you can barely see it! Mom made me put Neosporin on it everyday...

Alu_Rathbone 06-01-2010 07:55 PM

OH and aloe vera!

Shibori 06-01-2010 07:57 PM

hemorrhoid cream can be used on bites to take out the itch and pain

Born2Sew 06-01-2010 08:09 PM

Shaving cream is good to put on burns. Leave it on until the pain stops, gently rinse off with cool water. If the pain continues repeat the process. In case of severe burns, go to the er, but you can still soak yourself down with shaving cream first and then go.

You can feel the shaving cream pulling the heat out of the burn.
Likewise it will decrease the pain as well.