Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Out of work (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/out-work-t20627.html)

kpc 05-27-2009 02:33 PM

Good Luck !!!! I will keep you in my thoughts. My doctor is wanting me to have this do also.

Moonpi 05-27-2009 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by Ninnie
:lol: :lol: Quilt4U, I was trying to figure out what sin you had committed that you had to have surgery for!

Me too - lol. Having been raised Catholic, I even understood the sentiment.

None of my Protestant upbringing promised same-day results. Guess I was in the wrong place!

Good luck!

mimisharon 05-27-2009 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I was wondering what kind of surgery you would be having for your "sin" also - - -

:-)

Yep, me, too!

I'm sure each person's surgery goes differently and does seem a horror for some. just take it a little easy and don't get threatened by all their stories!

Will be praying for you.
Sharon

Shemjo 05-27-2009 05:30 PM

Yup, the big question for me was what sin you could fix with surgery, and I didn't want to go there! :?

Surgery has come a long way in the recent times. I am sure that all will be fine, just follow the suggestions for after surgery care. Rest and don't try to speed things up! :lol:

tlrnhi 05-27-2009 05:38 PM

Don't stress over it. Yea, I know...easier said than done, right?
Just concentrate on getting better, I'm sure the docs know what they are doing and you'll heal quickly.

littlehud 05-27-2009 07:04 PM

My sister had sinus surgery and has never regretted it. She had a problem with a slightly drippy nose right after the surgery, but that cleared up quickly and she felt so much better. You will be in my prayers.

bearisgray 11-17-2009 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
I'll be out of work next week. Have to have day surg. Monday for my sin.. Help!!!!!!! :( :( All I hear is horror stories. :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry:

How did this turn out?

I sure hope I never have to have surgery for my "sin" - it would be very very major - - :?

MadQuilter 11-17-2009 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
:lol: :lol: Quilt4U, I was trying to figure out what sin you had committed that you had to have surgery for! DUHNinnie)

Me too. Worse, I was wondering WHERE one would have an operation for sin.

Just looked at the date of this post. Must be long healed and breathing freely.

gramqlts 11-17-2009 12:08 PM

Don't worry, with today's technologies you will fly right thru it great. We will all be praying for you. Look at it positively.....more time to quilt and chat with us on line. Less time working!!! Smile

Shadow Dancer 11-17-2009 12:34 PM

Why is it people feel the need to extol all the horrors of surgery? It's like telling a woman having her first baby that labor is going to be horrendous! All it does is frighten the person and stress them out which the last thing they need.

With my own surgery coming up next week, I've heard horror stories of how painful it is going to be. That's not helpful and I choose to disregard the stories.

Yes surgery is a big step and it can be daunting, but you have to take it one step at a time. Of course there will be some discomfort, just take it one step at a time, and think of how much better you will feel once you have healed.

I will keep you in my thoughts.

S.D.