Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ozark, MO, here I come.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ozark-mo-here-i-come-t149883.html)

valleyquiltermo 09-02-2011 04:39 PM

You will have a wonderful time in Ozark, Missouri.
It is suppose to be cooler this weekend, Starting Saturday.
Enjoy and tells us all about it. I love that area minus the traffic, LOL.

NikkiLu 09-02-2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Neena

Originally Posted by Murphy
Eat at Lamberts!!

Fantastic Quilt Shop in the shopping center behind Lambert's. Shop is called Sew Simple and it is a great way to spend your time as you wait to eat at Lambert's.

:thumbup:

I did not know about this quilt shop behind Lamberts. Now I do!!!!! The last time we stopped at Lamberts - we would have been in the waiting line for 1/2 hour just to have our names written down for the waiting line - so we just left and ate in Springfield.

DogHouseMom 09-02-2011 05:13 PM

Wow. I haven't been there since 1965. I'll bet it's changed a fair bit :)

running1 09-02-2011 06:59 PM

There are some great quilt shops in the Ozark area and in Springfield! Have fun!!!

jaciqltznok 09-02-2011 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by running1
There are some great quilt shops in the Ozark area and in Springfield! Have fun!!!

I heard..but sadly I don't get off of work until 1pm...then the 4+hour drive, puts me up there too late...sigh...but I am going to do a drive by and make notes...DH says we might go again in the late fall!

Gramof6 09-02-2011 07:32 PM

Have a blast & enjoy the change of scenerey! Love that area!!!! It will be nice to just get away. Enjoy!!!

bluebird 09-02-2011 07:47 PM

Baker Creek is a must, be prepared to walk. Very interesting, they are also on the web. About 20 miles north of Baker Creek on Hwy 5 is Rosewood Farms, not open on Sun. but if you can do Sat is well worth the trip, they also are on the web. www.rosewoodfarms.com Enjoy our wonderful Ozarks!!!

jaciqltznok 09-02-2011 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by bluebird
Baker Creek is a must, be prepared to walk. Very interesting, they are also on the web. About 20 miles north of Baker Creek on Hwy 5 is Rosewood Farms, not open on Sun. but if you can do Sat is well worth the trip, they also are on the web. www.rosewoodfarms.com Enjoy our wonderful Ozarks!!!

I am so excited to go the Baker creek festival...I use only their seeds in my garden! I am hoping I can find some herbs to plant!

running1 09-03-2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by running1

I heard..but sadly I don't get off of work until 1pm...then the 4+hour drive, puts me up there too late...sigh...but I am going to do a drive by and make notes...DH says we might go again in the late fall!

sigh... so close and yet so far!! Hope you enjoy your weekend AND get to return later in the fall, too!

My sister lives in S'field and takes me to the shops when we're there... I'll want to visit the gardening places you've mentioned next time I go!!

jaciqltznok 09-05-2011 04:24 PM

never made it to Lambert's..the lines..OY...BUT I did manage to make it to Sew Simple Quilts...very nice shop!

fell in LOVE with MO.....can not wait to go back some day!