Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Paducah 2017 - Advice needed! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/paducah-2017-advice-needed-t284818.html)

deedum 12-31-2016 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer (Post 7729509)
we are talking a trip to include Paducah--but not during AQS week--is it still worth the trip? I just know that my DH would NOT want to be there with tons of crowds at a show.

yes it is still worth the trip, to see the Mural that runs along the river, and the house of fabric and Eeanor Burn stores. and so much more. I love Paducah!

QuiltingVagabond 12-31-2016 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Shrink42020 (Post 7730095)
There is a wonderful quilt shop directly across from the Quilt Museum-they have many quilt kits, precuts and great values on quilt fabric and everyone is so helpful and friendly!

I believe this shop has closed.

Jingle 12-31-2016 09:17 PM

My Daughter and I went to Hancocks of Paducah Dec. 3rd this year. Lots of fast food close by. We chose Bob Evans.
We bought lots and lots of fabrics. Neither of us needed more but, that didn't stop us from buying. We had about 3 Hours - 15 minute trip. A very easy and relaxing trip. We left the Husbands at home.
Enjoy your trip.

sewbizgirl 12-31-2016 09:24 PM

My first trip was last Spring, but I'm planning to go back this year and stay right in town this time. You can walk to just about everything and the driving/parking is easy to do. Plenty of parking areas! You would have to drive to Hancocks, but everything else in town is all within walking distance of the convention center.

ghquilter53 01-01-2017 04:39 AM

Once you park your car there are continuous shuttles to take you to all the hot spots. I have only gone to Paducah on bus trips and used the shuttles for all my transportation. They make it so convenient.

irenecarter 01-01-2017 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 7730301)
yes it is still worth the trip, to see the Mural that runs along the river, and the house of fabric and Eeanor Burn stores. and so much more. I love Paducah!

A great place to eat while there is Gold Rush Café on Boardway in Paducah. A great chicken place to eat is a mom and pop that fries your chicken as you wait. The chicken isn't frozen bought in fresh daily. It's small and busy but so worth the wait. The name is Just Like Mama's Hone Cooking on East 5th St. Hope this helps. If you don't mind traveling a few miles there is another great place that has huge portions, it's off the interstate toward the dam. It's called Patti's ,1793 John O'Bryan Ave Grand Rivers Ky.

irenecarter 01-01-2017 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7730321)

You are right . I was there in Oct. and it was closed.

cjsews 01-01-2017 06:03 PM

I believe the shop is just an empty bldg rented out during quilt week. Great deals there. I have heard they are supposed to have 2 quilt shows in Paducah this year. Yay

Ellietow 01-02-2017 04:05 PM

Thanks for the advice!

melodyr 01-04-2017 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7730321)

Yes, unfortunately, Pat English passed away suddenly last year. I knew her personally and she will be missed by folks around the world.

(next post will have suggestions on Paducah)