Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   PayPal Disputes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/paypal-disputes-t66856.html)

bearisgray 09-26-2010 09:00 AM

I have some questions about making payments with PayPal:

If I pay for something using the "friends and relatives" option - and I don't get it - do I have any chance/reason to file a complaint? Especially if I checked the "other" box?

If I paid for something, but it was purchased through a "private party" - and not through e-bay or amazon or a site like that - and I don't get it - do I have any chance/reason to file a complaint?

patricej 09-26-2010 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray

If I pay for something using the "friends and relatives" option - and I don't get it - do I have any chance/reason to file a complaint? Especially if I checked the "other" box?

If I paid for something, but it was purchased through a "private party" - and not through e-bay or amazon or a site like that - and I don't get it - do I have any chance/reason to file a complaint?

these are interesting questions. however, you should not ask them here. you should ask the folks at paypal. ;-)

UglyCook 09-26-2010 09:12 AM

You can still dispute if if you don't receive it, but not if it's a question of quality.

bearisgray 09-26-2010 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

Originally Posted by bearisgray

these are interesting questions. however, you should not ask them here. you should ask the folks at paypal. ;-)

Just seemed easier to ask the members - I had a difficult time even finding the e-mail address on the PayPal site for where to forward "iffy" e-mails supposedly from PayPal.

Incidentally, the address is: [email protected]

nativetexan 09-26-2010 10:31 AM

yep, i don't like pay pal

bearisgray 09-26-2010 10:42 AM

I like it a lot - when everyone "plays nice"

debbieumphress 09-26-2010 10:50 AM

I tried to dispute one I sent by accident as a "persoanl gift" and they would not help because it was not for a payment of goods. YOu can pay me and they will dispute it if it was for payment of goods, doesn't have to be an ebay purchase. Hope this helps. Can only answer from personal experience. Not that anyone has EVER disputed me. Honestly!

ptquilts 09-26-2010 12:50 PM

I agree with Debbie, I just looked into this recently as I was going to use PP to purchase a monster truck tire for a neighbor.
You have protection if you make the payment as "Goods"